Boots Natural Collection Ice Musk Body Spray

Boots Natural Collection Ice Musk Body Spray

Body Spray

Review of "Boots Natural Collection Ice Musk Body Spray"

published 13/06/2009 | LaceyR26
Fragrance
Soothing
Refreshing

"Ice Musk is a must"

I had carried out this consumer survey thing and recieved £5 worth of Boots vouchers as a reward for my partisipation - so off I toddled to Boots to see what I could find.

I have already written a review on the Boots coconut and Almond body lotion which was one of my purchases if you care to have a look. Anyhow, I was looking for items that would make up exactly £5. Perfume is a bot too expensive really and I wanted to get a good few products from the voucher. I was straight down to the body pampering section (i.e. the body butters, sprays, lotions, hand creams).

I have already had a vanilla body pray from Boots before and it is my absolute favourite so I decided to go for something different this time. The Ice musk caught my eye. Sat on the shelf was a 150ml clear plastic bottle at £1.99 decorated with a lovely blue snowflake, brown squirty push top and a thin brown strip around the bottom half of the bottom saying 'Boots Natural Collection Ice mush Body Spray). I'm guessing the Snowflake is to do with the 'ice' musk description. There wasn't any testers unfortunately so I sneakily removed the lid and smelt the top.

It smelt lovely. It had a really strong perfumy smell to it. I love the smell of musk; it's quite indescribable but this didn't really smell like any of the musk incence sticks I had. Still, I bought it and happily biked home.

Hmm, on the back of the bottle it wanrs that - 'This is not a food' - ok, thanks for that. I guess you can never be too careful! (sarcasm). It also implores us to - 'Get fresh all over with the deliciously cool fragrance of ice musk that leaves the skin feeling revitalised.'

Actually, I wouldn't consider musk to be one of those fragrances that leaves you feeling 'revitalised.' Tea tree soothes, lavendar relaxes and musk, well, it just smells nice really. I don't think it really has these type of soothing qualities.

When you press the cap you get a huge squirt of musk (providing the bottle is full). It soaks quickly into your skin. I don't know whether I held it too close to my arm when I sprayed it because it left a rather unplesant cooling sensation; sort of like the after affects of a burn. Checking the ingredients I found it to contain 'Alchol denat' as the first in the list and 'Parfum'. I'm pretty sensitive to 'Parfum' so perhaps this is my skin having a bit of a 'paddy'.

On the other hand, it smells really nice. It doesn't leave me feeling reviatalised mind you; it just leaves me smelling of very strong perfume. I can't really describe what I mean when I say I can smell the 'ice' in the musk. I suppose, I mean that it's cool and powerful; definitely not something you want to sniff too deeply without ending on a high.

For £1.99 I do think it is a little expensive. Yes, it is a premium brand (Boots) but looking at the bottle, I would actualyl value it at £1. I think the extra £1 comes from the plastic recyclable squirt top bottle and the simple yet stylish design. It's a brilliant cheaper alternative to perfume. Most body sprays are lovely but the smells aren't strong enough to linger on your body. With this however, you could easily get away wit h wearing it as a perfume because the scent sinks deeply into your skin.

Overall, if you wanty revitalation I wouldn't suggest a body spray; body butters, lotions and bath bombs are designed for this. Sprays are there to make you smell nice and cool your skin on a scorching hot day. I think this is a lovely product and the only reason why I would not purchase it again is because, given £1.99, I would like to sample the other fragrances in the range.Warnings:
  • Highly flammable
  • Don't spray near eyes or face
  • Keep out of reach from children!
  • Do not apply to irritated or damaged skin (or if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients like Parfum).

• firedragon911 published 13/06/2009