Review of "Boots No7 Stay Perfect Trio Eyeshadow"

published 23/12/2012 | lynnmc1
Member since : 11/09/2012
New to Ciao + Dooyoo, username lynnmc on dooyoo is me too!
Pro Good choice of colours and comfortable when wearing
Cons Some trios have colours that not many people would use
Ease of Application
Waterproof?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"Three lovely eyeshadows"

I don't wear eyeshadow often really, but with a lot of parties and events to go to over the last few weeks I decided to buy this a few months ago. I chose one that looks very much like the one in the picture as I wanted fairly neutral shades. My trio is called 'Good Earth' which has a cream colour, a medium brown and a darker brown. The browns have a lovely shimmery effect. Other trios include golds, greens, blues, pinks and black/white/silver. There are currently 10 choices.

This trio cost me £9.50 and was on 3 for 2 on No7 products when I bought it. The current offer in boots is that you receive a free gift worth £26 when you buy 2 No7 products.

The packaging is like the picture above, it is a small round black plastic square, with a clear window on the top to see the 3 colours through.
This comes with an double ended applicator. This is good and none of the ends have come loose or fallen off after use.

The container says
‘Smooth, crease resistant eyeshadows for a long-lasting finish
Create your look with this trio of colours and other No7 eyeshadows.’

One of my daughters offered to do my eye make up for a recent party. I half agreed telling her she could do it at home first and for the party if I liked it. It's not that she isn't good at make up but she would be used to wearing a lot more than I would and when she said she was going to use all three shades to create a 'smokey eye' look I was a little worried and thought it would be far too young for me.

When she had finished I was really pleased with the look. I now use the three often for special occasions. I don't think I would attempt this kind of look with any of the stronger colours but with there neutral brown colours I think it creates a look that anybody could wear. Some of the other trios could even be used as three seperate eyeshadows so you could create so many looks with the trio.

These eyeshadows are easy to apply and feel light on the eyelids even when layered up for a look. It stays on well and is still easy to remove with a baby wipe.

I think these eyeshadows are a really good quality and are good value for money for me as one of these trios would last me a long time. Especially as it was bought as part of a 3 for 2 deal which is nearly always on with No7.

This is one of the best eyeshadows I have tried.