Review of "Boots No.17 Ultimate Volume Lip Gloss"

published 25/04/2013 | lynnmc1
Member since : 11/09/2012
New to Ciao + Dooyoo, username lynnmc on dooyoo is me too!
Satisfactory
Pro A nice shimmery effect
Cons Poor consistency and range of shades
Absorbency
Price
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"A Thick Mess"

I have 2 of these lip glosses - one is the old packaging design , in the pale pink shade which didn't suit me and looked a bit tacky so this was barely used and I decided to try another shade recently.
The packaging has changed slightly and now has black writing rather than the silver, and the dark blue lid has been replaced with a black one. The tube is clear so you can see the colour of the gloss inside, and a sticker on the end of the tube has the name of the shade.

The choice of shades is a little strange to me, the shade I bought most recently is 'In The Nude' which is probably the most neutral shade available in this range. The other selections are mainly various pinks which go from a pale 'Star Girl' through to a dark purplish 'Very Berry'. The colour choices are fairly bold and I think some more neutral choices would make the range more popular.

This lip gloss costs £3.99 for an 8ml tube.

The Boots website describes this product as:

Get glossy with the SEVENTEEN Ultimate Volume Lip Gloss!
Giving a slick of intense colour and shine, lips look full and plumped.
SEVENTEEN Ultimate Volume Lip Gloss, for lips that are good enough to kiss!

I describe this product as:
Thick, heavy, artificial looking and makes your lips anything but kissable (unless you want a real mess). It does make my lips look a bit more full and plump, but also very heavily made up.

To start with the positives, it is fairly easy to apply and the applicator is a good size and also the length of it means it goes right to the end of the tube (if you make it that far it would be useful rather than tilting the tube and poking around), the nude colour is nice and has a lovely shimmery effect which looks nice.
The main negative is the feel of the gloss, it is extremely thick and sticky and doesn't soak into the lips well at all. When wearing this I am constantly aware of it as it feels so heavy and unpleasant.

I prefer a gloss which feels more light and natural, also a brand which offers a wider selection of shades and also is longer lasting so I wouldn't buy this lip gloss again.