Boots No.7 Amazing Eye Pencil - Black

Boots No.7 Amazing Eye Pencil - Black

Review of "Boots No.7 Amazing Eye Pencil - Black"

published 08/10/2011 | TheNuttyTart
Member since : 31/08/2011
Hi and thanks for popping by, Thank you for the rates and the E's as well! I try and keep up with the newest uplists, but if I happen to miss your work please let me know and I will be pleased to read/rate you... Rebecca Rachael x :o)
Pro Long-lasting pigment....
Cons None for me....
Ease of Application
Waterproof?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"Eye think this looks Amazing!"

I am a fan of virtually anything No7 from Boots and with the regular vouchers the store gives out for £5 off the No7 range it makes a really good brand very affordable…

Eyeliner is something I wear every day without fail. My eyes are quite small so I use it to make them look larger and emphasis their colour as well. I use two different eye pencils from this range – the brown and the black. Boots.com show only 3 different colours but I am sure there are a lot more in store. At the moment on the website you get a free gift if you spend over £22 on No7 products but I tend to buy my makeup from this range separately to get the most out of the vouchers.

The price per pencil is £7.75 which would be expensive if I paid full price, but at £2.75 it works out a lot cheaper than buying some of the more inferior brands.

The Amazing Eyes Pencil is about 5 inches long and has a gold cap on one side and a transparent cap on the other which covers a built-in smudger. The pencil casing is made of good quality wood which does not splinter when you sharpen it. The smudger is inset onto the pencil with a gold metal grip which matches the classy gold writing on the pencil. Boots say this is ‘Long lasting and silky smooth pencil for colour and definition. Smudge tip included to help you make your eyes look amazing, whatever your style. The product is hypoallergenic which I always try and look for with eye makeup as I have really sensitive skin, and I’m happy to report I have never had a reaction form the pencils I have used.

The pencil is made in the EU and is of good quality wood/plastic construction dependent on what’s in stock…

On first using these as eyeliners years ago I was really impressed with the quality and gentle coverage compared to the Rimmel pencil I was using. The black pencil was creamy in texture and glides on really well without my delicate eye-area skin getting pulled and dragged. Once on the liner lasted hours before needing renewing, and more importantly didn’t run leaving me with panda eyes. The pigment in every pencil I’ve used (I have a silver one, too) has been excellent and the black is very vivid so works well with my iris colour. These pencils definitely give long-lasting definition and the smudge tip is very gentle in usage – made of black soft sponge so as not to drag the skin either.

The smudger works really well at its job of blending and working in to the area without hurting or annoying my delicate complexion.

I can’t fault these at all and have even paid full price (once!) when I ran out of my black. 5 stars for these gentle and effective Amazing Eyes Pencils, Boots have done a great job with this product range. This isn't waterproof but has excellent stayting power, although it does clean off easily with makeup wipes or good old soap and water.

Highly recommended for a gentle feel - but with longevity being the key for such a superior product I cannot fault No7 with this particular formula. Boots give out 4 points for every pound as well, so that makes this cosmetic even better value than it already is. A must-have for my makeup bag and I keep a back-up in my handbag as well – anything to avoid looking piggy-eyed on my day-to-day travels!

• catsholiday published 08/10/2011
    I bought one with my £ 5 voucher too!
  • ithoughtyoudneverask published 08/10/2011
    I love those £5 off vouchers!
  • ladybracknell published 08/10/2011
    First rate write up. Concisely detailed and tells me all I need to know. E!