Review of "Boots No.7 Amazing Eye Pencil - Black"

published 22/01/2013 | lynnmc1
Member since : 11/09/2012
New to Ciao + Dooyoo, username lynnmc on dooyoo is me too!
Good
Pro Bold colour, comfortable to wear
Cons No more amazing or long lasting than cheaper versions
Ease of Application
Waterproof?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"Not that 'Amazing'"

I only use eye liner for special occasions so did not really know which brand to go for. As I find other No. 7 products to be good I decided to go for their 'Amazing Eye Pencil'. I bought the pencil in black but it is also available in other dark colours such as a dark purple, dark green, grey and blue.

The pencil has two ends, one is the usual black pencil end which is covered by a gold lis, and the other end is a sponge end with a clear lid. I do not personally use the sponge end and think it is more for smokey effects etc.

The pencil looks rather smart and elegant, being all shiny black with gold writing.
It is a long pencil and would last a long time, especially for someone like me who rarely wears eye liner. It can be sharpened using a normal pencil sharpener and it is easy to sharpen without crumbling.

The pencil claims to be a long wearing and silky smooth pencil for colour and definition. It is also hypo-allergenic.

I've had this pencil for a good few months now, when I bought it it cost me around £7.50 but I believe the price has come down a little and the packaging has changed slightly now.

Putting the eye liner on was easy and it glided on with ease. The black colour was bold and I was impressed with the look, the real test for me was how long it lasted. I found it lasted quite well. It wasn't as bold after a couple of hours but this is to be expected with most brands and it was still visible. It didn't irritate my eyes and I couldn't feel that I was wearing it which is a good sign with any make up.

I think this eye liner is good, but there is nothing particularly 'amazing' about it. It doesn't last any longer than other, cheaper brands I have tried. I don't mind paying more for something which is far better than other brands but I don't feel this is the case with this eye liner. This pencil will last me months, if not years but if I had to buy another tomorrow it probably wouldn't be this one.