danielalo... 4

danielalong

About me: Sorry can't get on some reviews to rate. If I have missed you out please let me know.

Member since:14.10.2005

Black stuff begone

13.06.2007

Advantages:
Cleans eyes

Disadvantages:
Slightly oily

Performance

Price £6.25

Harshness to Skinconditioning

36 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. welshfruitbat
  2. Soho_Black
  3. MissTopaz

Boots no 7 eye makeup remover

With all of the Boots vouchers being given out for spending money in store, it always seems churlish not to try the products.

This is one of many bits and pieces I bought on a foray to the large boots store near me.

~~~~~~What is it?~~~~~

Obviously, and eye make up remover. This is suitable for all skin types, so obviously, the manufacturers don’t expect it to be overly harsh

~~~~~Promises, promises~~~~~

As ever, it comes with promises; this even promises to be a little facial everyday although how it can be a facial when it’s for your eyes does elude me!
So, in short, it promises to:
~Remove all eye make up, and yes, that includes waterproof mascara
~Condition and cleanse
~Be hypo-allergenic
~Fragrance free
~ Be Opthalmologist tested
~Fine and dandy for even sensitive eyes.

Refreshingly, it doesn’t blind me with science, “big” words, and suggestions of some kind of miracle ingredients.

~~~~~Product and Packaging~~~~~

This comes in a 100ml plastic bottle with a pull off top. Underneath the lid lurks the pump action system, which I just know I will unscrew and render useless.

The eye make up remover itself is a pale blue liquid, although when applied it’s clear, so at least there are no tell tale blue marks which I would have to try to pass off as eye shadow or late nights. It is indeed completely odourless.

~~~~~~ How do I use it?~~~~~

Shake the bottle well and using cotton wool, gently massage it over eyes.

I do notice that when I use it, it is slightly greasy, but I am assuming that this is the caring and moisturising bit…slightly oily so that my eyes don’t feel as though sand has been blown into them.

~~~~~Price and Availability~~~~~

Available at boots stores and online at www.boots.com, this costs £6.25 for 100ml.

~~~~~Shelf life~~~~~

It does state on the bottle that it has a shelf life of 6 months (indicated by a picture of what looks like a bin, with 6M written next to it). I would always tend to have used the product within the 6 months so can’t comment on any potential risks.

~~~~~Does it deliver its promises?~~~~~

I would say so.

I have been using the product for some time now, and I was primarily impressed by how little is needed to get the dreaded black off my eyes. I have used eye make up removers previously where a lot was required to do the job, but a couple of pump actions per eye usually does the trick. As expected, however, I did get rid of the pump action trigger because I can’t abide them. I much prefer tipping up the bottle and getting the required amount onto the cotton wool. Pure laziness on my part I believe, but when I get almost to the bottom, there is just too much pumping needs to go on to get the liquid.

It is ever so slightly greasy, but not enough to make my eyes feel oily afterwards. In fact, immediately after application, and removal, my eyes feel clean, and eyelashes feel soft and really conditioned. The fact that it doesn’t have any smell is a bonus because I don’t fancy perfuming my eyes.

As I said, not a lot of the product is needed to remove even very heavy eye make up. It does remove mascara, although the waterproof one needs a little more of the product. I find that using a bit more ensures I don’t start scrubbing at my eyes as would be my tendency if it didn’t come off immediately…instant gratification springs to mind.

For an effective, gentle eye make up remover which leaves no greasy residue and doesn’t sting eyes, I would recommend this one.

Thanks for reading.

Daniela x

eve6kicksass 18.06.2007 13:04

Excellent review there! Chris x

carly_pussycat 16.06.2007 13:17

I don't need any at the moment as I have some of a Clinique tester left, but this might be worth a try when that runs out as it sounds good enough

arnoldhenryrufus 14.06.2007 14:36

sounds pretty good, on the rare occassion I wear makeup I have borrowed my daughters wipes but they always sting, so it maybe an idea to keep some of this in - lyn x