Boots No.7 Enriched Sauna Mask

Boots No.7 Enriched Sauna Mask

Facial Sauna

Review of "Boots No.7 Enriched Sauna Mask"

published 27/05/2004 | redballoon
Member since : 27/02/2004
Pro Warms your skin, cleaning it deep down
Cons none

"Feeling hot hot hot"

I have tried many face masks in the past to attempt to get my skin clean and looking great. I had this face mask brought for me as a treat from my mum.

I am a big fan of Boot's No.7 products and I think their whole range of products are really good and the are reasonably priced too. This mask is priced at £8.99 and is only available from Boots.

The mask comes in a squeezable tube with a flip top lid. The mask is a dark blue in colour and has a thick creamy consistency.

Unlike other face masks this one is rather clever as it has self-heating properties! The directions on how to use it are to cleanse your skin thoroughly and pat dry, then splash your face with hot water ( I use a flannel) and then apply the face mask on to your wet skin.

Immediately you can feel the warmness of the mask as you apply it to your skin. The mask continues to be warm on your face for the first 2 minutes and then it cools down. It is a wonderfully relaxing sensation. You can apply it to all parts of your face but you should avoid the eye area and skin around it.

The reason for the self heating element in the mask is that it can open your pores and clean then deep down leaving your face far cleaner than any other mask can achieve. It also absorbs excess oils in the skin which can lead to spots and infection.

It states that you should leave the mask on for 2 minutes which I have done, but I find that when I leave it on for longer, for around 20 minutes while I watch the telly, I get much better results. When the time comes to wash it off I use hot water and a flannel to gently remove it. It is easy to wash off as the mask does not harden as your wearing it like other mud masks.

My skin feels immediately smooth and looks more even and revitalised. I use the mask no more than once a week and I have normal to combination skin. This mask suits most skin types as it's hypo-allergenic and fragrance free so it will not irritate your skin.

I would recommend this mask to anyone wanting a good skin cleansing now and again.

• lilmissi published 03/06/2004
    I love face masks esp those that are self heating!! Ooh, might put one on tonight now!!!
  • freaklikeme published 02/06/2004
    I love to treat myself to face mask - I use a clay one and its green - look like the hulk on a good day Lol - good op xx
  • fantasybeliever published 30/05/2004