Boots No.7 Enriched Sauna Mask

Boots No.7 Enriched Sauna Mask

Facial Sauna

Review of "Boots No.7 Enriched Sauna Mask"

published 25/05/2011 | shrimpy_80
Member since : 07/09/2008
I'm aged 28 and currently living in Worcestershire with my partner and mischievous kitties. I also write on dooyoo under the same name.
Pro Quick to use, unique 'sauna' effect, noticeable benefit to skin
Cons Smells slightly strange
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"2 minute sauna in the comfort of your own home"

This is one of the best, if not most bizarre face masks I have ever tried.

It works on the principle that, as it heats on contact with damp skin, it opens your pores to allow for a really deep cleanse. As it cools, it then recloses your pores. I was very intrigued by this idea of a self heating mask and indeed a little sceptical. However it does exactly what it promises and more. In fact first time users be warned, it does feel a lot hotter than expected! This heat diminishes very quickly though, so you need to be speedy in applying it to really feel the benefit.

It also acts as a gentle exfoliator so has a grainy texture. This effect is really quite subtle though so don't be put off by the 'rough' feel, it is not designed to be rubbed into the skin as you would with a true exfoliator.

Another benefit to this mask is that it only needs to be left on for 2 minutes making it a quick treat. After use my skin feels softer and smoother, and the surface appearance of it also seems improved.

My only criticism is that the product does have a slightly unusual smell, not exactly chemical but not exactly pleasant either. However it isn't strong enough to be hugely noticeable and doesn't diminish the feeling of indulgence.

Overall this is one of my favourite No.7 products and is both quick and luxurious, which can only be a good thing!

• kathboo published 25/05/2011
    I once tried a similar 'warming' facemask. It's a really nice feeling - I will give this a try