Boots No.7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow

Boots No.7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow

Eye Make-up - Eye Shadow

Review of "Boots No.7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow"

published 01/05/2012 | kirstysian
Member since : 22/07/2008
Yay orange!
Pro Applicator
Cons Choice of colours, quality, appearence
Ease of Application
Waterproof?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"One star away from Perfect"

This little gem is one that I picked up whilst Boots were giving away their infamous £5 off No7 vouchers. There was an impressive 10 colours to choose from and in the end I went for ‘True gold’.

Description

“No7 stay perfect eye shadow boasts high impact colours that blend effortlessly and last for hours.”

Packaging

I really like the packaging design for the No7 range. The black and gold makes it look very sleek and more expensive than it actually is. This compact clicks closed tightly to avoid any mess and has a window which allows you to see the colour of the eye shadow perfectly.

My experience

The first point to mention is that this eye shadow does come with an applicator. I have tried using it on a number of occasions but didn’t get on with it. It is very small and fiddly which makes it hard to apply the product. I prefer to use other brushes that I have got when using this product.

As I previously mentioned I purchased this in the colour ‘True gold’. When you open the compact the colour looks spectacular. The gold has a gorgeous shimmer in the light and looks really metallic.

Before applying eye shadow I always use a primer or foundation on my eyelids in order to make the products lasts longer.

I only need to press my applicator onto the product gently in order to get enough on the brush. What I like about this eye shadow is that there is no powdery excess left in the compact.

The product sweeps effortlessly across my eyelids and feels and looks very smooth. The colour is beautifully pigmented and really does make my eyes pop.

The eye shadow works well when using on its own but I have also used it to blend with other eye shadows that I have and it works well this way too.

After using a primer with this product it will last all day without looking dull towards the end of the day.

Price

You can find this in Boots stores or online priced at £8

Conclusion

I really like this eye shadow. I think it is a great quality product and one which can be used both in the days and for evening wear. I do not think I would purchase it at full price but that’s not to say it isn’t worth it I just like to get myself a bit of a bargain. I am going to rate this eye shadow 4 stars, it would be the full 5 but I have to deduct 1 for the applicator.