Home > Entertainment > TV > TV Advertisements > Retail > Opticians > Boots Opticians [TV Advertisement] > Reviews

Chart 5

Chart

Member since:12.11.2001

QUALITY BOOTS

13.11.2001

Advantages:
Good service and good quality

Disadvantages:
None

16 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. deeleybopper
  2. molelover
  3. naomiuk
  1. pauljm
  2. Sharl
  3. elspeth334
and a further member

I decided to try Boots Opticians after buying spectacles from Vision Express. These unfortunately totally disintegrated after a very short period and I also wasn't entirely sure I had been given the spectacles I had actually selected. However,as I'm blind as a bat, I couldn't be too sure... I did however think I'd selected gold but the ones I was given were RED...Additionally I'm almost sure I was given lenses which were too strong.

However, I digress...I decided to try Boots as I read somewhere that they gave the best eye test and the best opinions. Indeed I found the service excellent. I was not rushed into making an opinion on the frames and was given every assistance in selecting the right spectacles to suit me.
The lenses in the trial glasses were magnifying lenses so that helped as previously in Vision Express I had had to try on empty frames and I couldn't see myself properly.

When I had selected the spectacles I was taken to a private cubicle where they were adjusted to fit. Great care was taken to ensure that they fitted perfectly, whereas my last pair of spectacles had just been placed on my nose and bent around a little to fit, again at Vision Express.

I bought the spectacles on the special Designer Range offer so they were half price, although still quite expensive, but they have certainly lasted far longer than my previous spectacles did.

All in all the service was excellent, the eye test thorough and the people who dealt with me were extremely polite and caring. I still have the same spectacles, some considerable time after purchasing them whereas I had to replace the cheaper ones I bought elsewhere far sooner than I would have wished.

My only complaint is the aftercare was good, but not quite as good as I would have liked. However, I had trodden on the glasses and bent them,so it was probably my own fault the assistant couldn't help a great deal.

I will certainly go back to Boots for my next pair of specs. I only wish I could use contact lenses, but unfortunately I can't.

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

Conicview 01.12.2001 11:50

Glad you found Boots OK - but I didn't. I was impressed at first with the eye test that seemed very thorough but they ended up giving me completely the wrong prescription and had to be re-done. Still at least they admitted the problem but I won't go back to them - vision express gave me a better prescription but my glasses disintegrated too!

nicolap 13.11.2001 15:18

Good op. I went to Boots and I even got a free pair of sunglasses... :)

Sharl 13.11.2001 12:29

My husband won't go anywhere else for his eye tests. Boots are slightly more expensive than most places but their eye examination is very thorough and highly professional.He has always been happy with their service :) Sharl