Boots Paracetamol Caplets

Boots Paracetamol Caplets

Boots Paracetamol Caplets for the relief of headache, rheumatic pains, neuralgia and the symptoms of colds and flu.

Review of "Boots Paracetamol Caplets"

published 10/02/2012 | katykicker
Member since : 11/12/2005
Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)
Pro Easy to swallow, get to work fast, work very well, cheap.
Cons None.
Side effects
Effectiveness

"I need some paracetamol and fast!"

=== The product ===

These are 500mg Paracetamol caplets from Boots. Caplets are designed to be easier to swallow than standard paracetamol tablets.

=== The packaging ===

These caplets come in two blister packs and each one contains 8 tablets. This means I can keep one in my medicine box at home and one in my make-up bag rather than having to buy two packets at a time (the maximum that retailers will sell to you anyway). The box contains all the usual information including a leaflet that tells you all you could need to know about these caplets. I do not read this as I have been using paracetamol for years without problems. This information is laid out clearly though and is easy to understand from what I can see. The box is recyclable too which is always good.

=== Dosage guidelines ===

1 or 2 tablets should be taken with water every 4 hours if needed. Only for use by people aged 12 years and over. 8 caplets should be the maximum taken in any 24 hour period.

=== Where can I buy these and for how much? ===

These caplets are available in Boots stores and from the Boots website and cost just 45p for 16. This is not the cheapest that I have seen but Boots is a store near to my work so if I am in need at the time I do not mind what I pay for my pain relief.

=== Overall opinion ===

The past few years have seen me suffering with some health problems. Broken bones, headaches and general pain are all things that I have suffered with and this is my sole reason for keeping a very well stocked medicine cabinet. I try numerous pain relief products and when I am low I will tend to just visit the shop that I am near at the time rather than walking a mile or two to save a few pence. If you're in pain and need it sorted you don't really care, well, at least I don't!

The price of these caplets was very reasonable and while not the cheapest I have ever seen they still work out at just under 3 pence per caplet.

I find these caplets very simple to swallow and I usually take mine with a glass of juice. I have found them to be very effective when dealing with tooth ache, period pains, mild headaches and general discomfort. When I am suffering from flu like symptoms I will take these if I do not have any specialist flu style tablets. They work well at reducing symptoms and they get to work within 20 or 30 minutes. The caplets do not get stuck at the back of my throat and I have no problem swallowing them whole. These was no after taste for me when swallowing these but then I tend to swallow them with juice anyway.

If you are looking for cheap effective pain killers then these are ideal. The price is fab as are the caplets!

• dynamicnurse published 10/02/2012
    Most times you pay for the name, these do just a good a job as the more 'top brand names'!
  • catsholiday published 10/02/2012