Boots Paracetamol Caplets

Boots Paracetamol Caplets

Boots Paracetamol Caplets for the relief of headache, rheumatic pains, neuralgia and the symptoms of colds and flu.

Review of "Boots Paracetamol Caplets"

published 07/03/2012 | RosesAreRed1207
Member since : 11/05/2011
Back from holiday with a new username to match my blog, check it out!
Pro easy to swallow
Cons not the cheapest
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Easy to swallow"

My work is quite stressful and occasionally staring at a computer screen gives me a headache. Unfortunately if I don't look at the screen, the work does not get done so I have to persevere and probably make it worse! If it gets really bad I take a break, have a drink of water and take two paracetamols. These work fairly quicky and give me relief from my pounding head. The ones I am reviewing here are from Boots and are the caplet form. These are the easiest to take as they are smooth and bullet like. There are tonnes of Boots around making these quite popular with me as they are easy to get hold of. There is practically a Boots on every high street so they are widely available.

*Price*

In a Boots packet you get 16 caplets and they cost 45p. They are Boots own brand so only available here.

*Description*

Inside the box there are four plastic popping packs of tablets and each of these contains 4 caplets. To disperse the tablets you just push them through the plastic pack they are sitting in and through the foil covering. The tablets are easy to disperse out of the packaging.
The caplets are smooth and torpedo shaped which makes them easy to swallow.
Each tablet contains 500mg paracetamol, which is standard amongst most paracetamol tablets.

*How they are supposed to work*

Paracetamol is an analgesic drug used to treat moderate pain and it works by blocking the pain signals in the central nervous system, therefore it should stop you feeling the pain but it will still be there.

*Recommended dosage*

Please read the packaging or consult a doctor however, the recommended dose for these is 2 caplets every 4 hours, you should not take any more than 8 caplets in a 24 hour period and should stop taking them altogether after 3 days. They are only for adults and children over 12.

*Possible side effects*

Side effects of these caplets may include nausea, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, sweating, skin rashes and other allergic reactions.
Full details are on the instruction leaflet inside the packet.

*My experience*

I can not understand why people would spend money on branded paracetamol. These have exactly the same amount of active ingredients as any other paracetamol tablet so it is pointless wasting money on fancy packaging when the products are identical. I have found these really help in curing my headaches and I would recommend them as they do the job just fine. I like the caplet shape as they are smooth and easy to swallow, I am not a big fan of tablets so anything that is easily to swallow than the large disc shaped tablets is a winner in my eyes. However, you are paying extra for the shape. The large disc shaped pills of the same brand and style are 10p cheaper than these. If you can easily take the round ones then I would go for these and save your pennies! If you only want to take half then I also find that they are easy to break as they have a perforation line down the centre. If you do split the caplets, they break easily and without too much dust. Overall, a reliable product that is always helpful to have in the handbag.

• Nar2 published 08/03/2012
    I think the reason why people buy branded paracetamol is the very reason why people buy big brand appliances - they sell because of the reputation. I often buy Boots own products because I get cheaper prices and the bonus of Advantage points. Also a lot of the big brands have a lot more caffeine added to them.
  • Drewster-Rooster published 07/03/2012
    I agree, generic paracetamol is just as good as the named brands!
  • mozzie76 published 07/03/2012