Boots Paracetamol Caplets

Boots Paracetamol Caplets

Boots Paracetamol Caplets for the relief of headache, rheumatic pains, neuralgia and the symptoms of colds and flu.

Review of "Boots Paracetamol Caplets"

published 22/03/2012 | louisechackett
Member since : 05/08/2006
OH MY GOD! Matt Cardle is now following me on Twitter! Watch this space ;)
Pro cheap and work well
Cons none
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Boots Paracetamol caplets "

I remember when I was working as a nursery nurse before I had my son and one of my best friends at work used to swear by buying expensive branded pain killers. Frequently I would tell her that it was the same product inside fancier packaging for the most part and that store branded equivalents were just as good but she would never believe me and stuck to her expensive brands. For me whilst I see that in some products a brand name will equate to better quality when it comes to picking up some paracetamol caplets I will usually just opt for the store brand and my latest purchase was some boots own branded ones.

Boots paracetamol caplets are obviously only available to purchase from boots chemists where they cost 45p for sixteen caplets. This is a good price I think from somewhere like boots but you can pick up supermarket value range tablets for around 16p! The tablets come in a thin cardboard box which is half blue and half white and which features a boots logo as well as the product name, some uses for the tablets and a picture of what the caplet looks like as well. The back of the box features dosage information and some warnings about using the tablets but there is also a more detailed leaflet inside the box with all of the side effects and possible complications to look out for should you think you may need that kind of information. I find that the information presented on the back of the box is plenty for me as I know I am fine taking paracetamol when needs be and do not suffer any side effects from taking them. The box is standard sized I find but still perfect for throwing in your bag for when dreaded headaches or what not strike whilst you are out and about.

Inside the box there are two plastic packs which feature eight caplets each and these are foil backed to keep the caplets enclosed. To access the caplet you need to push the caplet through the foil backing by pushing on the plastic until it comes out. The caplets are average sized I would say perhaps slightly over a centimetre in length but they are quite thin I think as well. The caplets are easy to swallow as they are almost a bullet shape and seem to just go down easily with a drink of juice I have found. Throughout the course of the day you should not take any more than eight of these caplets and you should ensure that doses are at least four hours apart as well. This information is presented clearly and simply on the back of the packet and so is easy to find should you need to look for this information.

I think that these tablets are a decent offering for when I have a headache or other such mild to moderate pain because at 500mg of paracetamol they do offer a good solution to such problems. The only issue is that they are not going to work instantly as they need some time to get in your system but this is the case with all tablet form pain relief I think so not something I can mark boots own brand down on! I would say that within half an hour to an hour I can notice these tablets working against my pain which is reasonable I suppose. I also think that if you take these tablets too regularly they can become ineffective but again this is something that is common with all tablet pain relievers and so not just an issue with this product. For 45p I can have some tablets in my bag at all times and I find that really reassuring when I am at work because I work many shifts on my own and so cannot leave work to pick up pain killers should I need them and as such I really recommend this brand.

Thank you for reading my review!