Boots Paracetamol Caplets

Boots Paracetamol Caplets

Boots Paracetamol Caplets for the relief of headache, rheumatic pains, neuralgia and the symptoms of colds and flu.

Review of "Boots Paracetamol Caplets"

published 27/03/2012 | cornishchic
Member since : 27/07/2011
Pro Effective, cheap
Cons Not as cheap as supermarkets stores own
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Boot that pain away"

I’ve had a dodgy lump on my jaw line for a couple of months now. I wasn’t experiencing any discomfort for the first few weeks, but just recently it’s been playing up when eating a big meal. Going around town last week, the aching pain turned up out of the blue, I hadn’t eaten something which normally triggers it. I didn’t have any painkillers on me, but I needed some if I was to carry on shopping, so I quickly went into the nearest place to buy some paracetamol which happened to be Boots.

Information

The dosage is the same for most other paracetamols, for anyone 12 years or over take 1 or 2 tablets every 4 hours, but not more than 8 in a 24 hour period. If you still need to take them after 3 days it’s recommended you go and see your GP.

The cost is very good at just 45p for 16 caplets. They are, obviously, only available from Boots stores.

My experience

The packaging is very basic for these Boots paracetamol caplets, but for the price who could moan? It’s a blue and white cardboard box, it has the dosage information and warnings on the back. Inside there are two foil backed trays containing 8 caplets each. There is also an information booklet enclosed, going into more detail about warnings, dosage etc.

The caplets are very easy to get out of the foil backed trays, simply squeeze it out and the foil will rip and voila, it’s out! The caplets are quite small and oval in shape. I prefer this shape as the rounded ends make it easier to fall down my throat. My nan can’t swallow very well and she has to cut these in half to get them down, they are so small anyway, but she has a huge phobia of choking on them. I think most people would find them easy to swallow.

After I have taken 2 tablets they take about 15 minutes to take effect and ease the pain I am experiencing. They stay effect for about 4 hours, which makes them perfect when you look at the recommended dosage. Once the pain starts to return I know I am over the dosage limit and don’t have to worry about taking more.

Apart from my lump on my jaw line, I’ve also used these to ease my toothache, my dentist rearranged her holiday which meant rearranging my filling and I’ve been suffering quite bad. I’ve been using these Boots paracetamol caplets, but also teaming them up with ibuprofen as it’s the only way I can handle the pain. Working together, both are very effective, it just gets confusing about what tablet you took at what time!

I’d definitely recommend these caplets, but they seem to do the thing as supermarkets own brands, and as they are cheaper I will continue to buy them instead of these Boots caplets.

• Coloneljohn published 08/04/2012
    Well reviewed. John
  • JasonJRogers published 30/03/2012
    Great review!
  • koshkha published 28/03/2012
    It might be a good idea to get that lump checked out by the doctor.