cornishch... 4

cornishchic

About me: this year is flying :(

Member since:27.07.2011

Boot that pain away

27.03.2012

Advantages:
Effective, cheap

Disadvantages:
Not as cheap as supermarkets stores own

Side effects

Effectiveness

Price£0.45

42 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. happysh2009
  2. Coloneljohn
  3. luceey

Iíve had a dodgy lump on my jaw line for a couple of months now. I wasnít experiencing any discomfort for the first few weeks, but just recently itís been playing up when eating a big meal. Going around town last week, the aching pain turned up out of the blue, I hadnít eaten something which normally triggers it. I didnít have any painkillers on me, but I needed some if I was to carry on shopping, so I quickly went into the nearest place to buy some paracetamol which happened to be Boots.

Information

The dosage is the same for most other paracetamols, for anyone 12 years or over take 1 or 2 tablets every 4 hours, but not more than 8 in a 24 hour period. If you still need to take them after 3 days itís recommended you go and see your GP.

The cost is very good at just 45p for 16 caplets. They are, obviously, only available from Boots stores.

My experience

The packaging is very basic for these Boots paracetamol caplets, but for the price who could moan? Itís a blue and white cardboard box, it has the dosage information and warnings on the back. Inside there are two foil backed trays containing 8 caplets each. There is also an information booklet enclosed, going into more detail about warnings, dosage etc.

The caplets are very easy to get out of the foil backed trays, simply squeeze it out and the foil will rip and voila, itís out! The caplets are quite small and oval in shape. I prefer this shape as the rounded ends make it easier to fall down my throat. My nan canít swallow very well and she has to cut these in half to get them down, they are so small anyway, but she has a huge phobia of choking on them. I think most people would find them easy to swallow.

After I have taken 2 tablets they take about 15 minutes to take effect and ease the pain I am experiencing. They stay effect for about 4 hours, which makes them perfect when you look at the recommended dosage. Once the pain starts to return I know I am over the dosage limit and donít have to worry about taking more.

Apart from my lump on my jaw line, Iíve also used these to ease my toothache, my dentist rearranged her holiday which meant rearranging my filling and Iíve been suffering quite bad. Iíve been using these Boots paracetamol caplets, but also teaming them up with ibuprofen as itís the only way I can handle the pain. Working together, both are very effective, it just gets confusing about what tablet you took at what time!

Iíd definitely recommend these caplets, but they seem to do the thing as supermarkets own brands, and as they are cheaper I will continue to buy them instead of these Boots caplets.

Coloneljohn 08.04.2012 11:38

Well reviewed. John

JasonJRogers 30.03.2012 11:14

Great review!

koshkha 28.03.2012 08:21

It might be a good idea to get that lump checked out by the doctor.