Review of "Boots Parenting Club Changing Bag"

published 14/01/2011 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Nice free product
Cons None
Capacity
Wear & Tear

"Changing Bag"

I joined the Boots parenting club when I found out I was pregnant well over a year ago now. When you join the parenting club you receive a whole host of offers and advice to help you through the early years of parenthood. You are allowed to stay in the club until you baby reaches their 2nd birthday. You will receive 10 Advantage club points for every £1 you spend on baby products (all other products in the store will get you 4 points per £1), as well as free gifts a magazine and other offers. When I joined one of the advantages of joining was to receive a changing bag free, I think with you first purchase of Pampers nappies. I don't actually think they do this offer anymore however you can buy the bag for about £30 instore which is a lot cheaper than most changing bags that you can buy.

I took up this offer, not really to get the bag but to join the club but I thought as long as I am getting something free that was worth it too. The bag is pretty basic but really provides you with everything you need in a changing bag. It is black and grey. The majority of the bag is black and it has a grey lining. The trim on the bag is grey too, for example around the front pocket and down the sides.

The bag has one shoulder strap down the middle so it's easy to sling over your shoulder and take out for the day. It's not amazingly big which is quite good as I think any bigger and it would be too heavy with all the things you need to put in it. I can easily fit a stack of nappies, wipes, bottles and food in this bag. The bag is made out of microfibre and polyester pockets and so it is wipe clean which I think is absolutely essential as you will always experience spills in your changing bag, from milk being spilt or food being spilt so being able to just wipe this bag down is great.

The bag also comes with a change mat which is one of the essentials you really need. I have found this mat really handy for when you are out and need to change your baby but the toilets do not have a change table so you need to put them on the floor. To be able to have a mat to put on the floor is great as you do not have to put your baby down on a dirty bathroom floor. The mat also comes in handy when your baby has a little accident with their nappy off. If the mat is underneath them then you don't have to worry that theyhave made a mess on the carpet or on the floor, especially if you are at someone else's house. The mat is also wipe clean so again is extremely easy to clean. The mat rolls up and so folds away easily in the change bag.

This bag also has pockets on the outside of the bag which are so handy for putting milk bottles in. As this seems to be the item I use most frequently from the bag it is nice to have it in a place when I can access it easily and put it away easily when my little girl ahs finished with her milk.

It's a pretty basic bag and not that fashionable but it does its job and all in all a great bag at a great price!

• Coloneljohn published 23/01/2011
    Sounds like something useful to have. John
  • Novabug published 15/01/2011
    We had this exact same one, lasted well for my first daughter. Use a Johnsons one for my second. Nice review. :)
  • Amy69 published 14/01/2011