Review of "Boots Soltan After Sun Tan Maximiser"

published 07/07/2010 | anwar
Member since : 30/04/2003
All reads gratefully received! If I miss you give me a shout! Thanks for the premium fund ciao!
Pro see review
Cons see review
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?
Cooling & refreshing power

"After the sun..."

I am always very careful in the sun and ensure all my family applies a high factor sun cream. I have recently discovered Boots soltan once (see review) and have been very impressed with the protection it offers. However when we go on holiday I always take a few bottles of after sun, just in case!

I have now tried several brands of after sun with varying results. I think Boots soltan after sun again comes out on top as far as I am concerned! Boots soltan after sun comes in a blue plastic bottle with flip top lid. I would have preferred a spay bottle as I find this easier to apply. The instructions advise that you apply the lotion liberally to your skin and rub in gently. It states that this lotion is non pore blocking and hypo allergenic.

I am happy to read that this after sun aloe Vera, well known for its soothing properties. Boots claim that using this after sun lotion will not only help to sooth sun burn, but will help to prevent peeling and will also help to prolong your tan. I am not sure how it can prevent peeling; as if you have burnt your skin the peeling of the damaged layer is inevitable! However I can confirm that using the lotion does help to cool skin that has had too much sun! It is also a very good moisturiser. My skin tends to feel very dry and tight if I have been out in the sun for any length of time and this lotion certainly helps my skin to feel more comfortable. The lotion is not too greasy and is quickly absorbed into the skin. I have used this on my body and face with no irritating effects.

I have used this on both my children to help add moisture to their sun dried skin. Again they both said they felt better and had no reaction from using the lotion. I really love the smell of this lotion too! It has a sort of clean smell that is not too perfumed, so will be suitable for all the family.

As you would expect this after sun is only available from Boots. It comes in either a 250 ml or 400 ml size. It is on a buy one get one free offer at the moment at £4.75 for 2 250 ml bottles. The larger size costs £7.85 for two bottles. It is also available with an insect repellent although I haven’t tried this variant so can’t comment!

• LAURALILIA published 07/07/2010
    I used to work for Boots so maybe I am biased but I think this is good stuff!
  • deemal2002 published 07/07/2010
    Thanks for a good review.
  • just.bcoz published 07/07/2010
    I haven't tried this one before. Good review x