Review of "Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Spot Wand"

published 23/04/2010 | SusanLesley
Member since : 21/10/2000
Pro Works well, cheap to buy, easy to use
Cons None for me
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Wave this wand and watch spots disappear!"

I use Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel cleanser on my face every night. I have tried many others over the years but always come back to this one. I have written a review about it if you are interested.

Over the last twelve months or so I have tried other products in the same range – specifically the Night Treatment gel, the Peel Off Face Mask and the Cleansing Wipes. I have been impressed with each of these and have written reviews about them.

Last Christmas one of my stocking fillers from my husband was the Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Spot Wand. I know it seems like a strange present but he was pretty sure that I would like to try it and he was also building up some bonus points to use in payment for my favourite perfume too so I think he’s forgiven for the odd choice of present. He was right by the way – I did want to try this.

The Price

The current price in Boots is £3.49 but they have an offer of ‘buy two products from the range for £5’ on at the moment and this offer is repeated regularly so if you do want to buy anything from this range just wait until the offer is on.

What does it look like?

Well it is a tube shape and is about five inches long and about half an inch in diameter. The piece in the centre is about an inch and a quarter long and is solid. Each end of the tube unscrews from the centre to reveal a wand, which is dipped in a liquid intended to ‘fight spots’ with ‘instant action’.

It is difficult to describe exactly what I mean but if you take a look at the picture at the top of the review you will be able to see what I mean.

The wording on the centre of the tube tells you that one solution is for use at night and the other is for use during the day. The night one is a pale green creamy looking gel and the daytime one is a clear fairly thick gel.

It has the Boots logo on the top and the words Tea Tree and Witch Hazel written vertically down the side - as with the rest of the range. The design of this range in pale blue and green makes everything look fresh, clean and appealing.

The Application

To apply this product I just unscrew the relevant end of the tube depending on whether it is day or night, reveal the wand which is covered in the gel. I then just dab the wand on any spots that I have and let the gel dry.

As with all the items in this range the fragrance is light, fresh, cool and not at all chemical.

The sensation as the gel dries is a slight tightening of the skin which feels as though the spots are drying up.

The Results

I expected it to take a while before I noticed any difference to my skin, but I was pleasantly surprised to see a difference almost immediately. After a couple of days of use my skin was beginning to clear and the minor blemishes had all but gone. After a couple of weeks use my skin had improved dramatically and it looked much fresher without the spots.

In Conclusion

I have been using this product regularly since Christmas and there is still about half of the gel left so it is certainly good value for money. Yet again I am impressed with another item from the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel range. So there you are - why pay a fortune for skin care when you can get excellent products at an excellent price?

• hillhead published 10/05/2010
    They are good I find : )
  • paulpry118 published 29/04/2010
    I've been using these sticks for years
  • liolia79 published 28/04/2010
    Need to try this one! Very useful review!

Product Information : Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Spot Wand

Problem Skin

Long Name: Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Spot Wand

Type: Problem Skin

Manufacturer: Boots

Listed on Ciao since: 29/10/2003

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Spot Wand - Review - Wave this wand and watch spots disappear!

SusanLesl... 5

SusanLesley

Member since:21.10.2000

Wave this wand and watch spots disappear!

23.04.2010

Advantages:
Works well, cheap to buy, easy to use

Disadvantages:
None for me

51 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. chocoholic
  3. Jonni_boi

Over the last twelve months or so I have tried other products in the same range specifically the Night Treatment gel, the Peel Off Face Mask and the Cleansing Wipes. I have been impressed with each of these and have written reviews about them.

Last Christmas one of my stocking fillers from my husband was the Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Spot Wand. I know it seems like a strange present but he was pretty sure that I would like to try it and he was also building up some bonus points to use in payment for my favourite perfume too so I think hes forgiven for the odd choice of present. He was right by the way I did want to try this.

The Price

The current price in Boots is 3.49 but they have an offer of buy two products from the range for 5 on at the moment and this offer is repeated regularly so if you do want to buy anything from this range just wait until the offer is on.

What does it look like?

Well it is a tube shape and is about five inches long and about half an inch in diameter. The piece in the centre is about an inch and a quarter long and is solid. Each end of the tube unscrews from the centre to reveal a wand, which is dipped in a liquid intended to fight spots with instant action.

The Application

The Results

In Conclusion

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

hillhead 10.05.2010 21:08

They are good I find : )

paulpry118 29.04.2010 21:48

I've been using these sticks for years

liolia79 28.04.2010 00:05

Need to try this one! Very useful review!