Boots Teething granules

Boots Teething granules

Baby Teething

Review of "Boots Teething granules"

published 11/12/2004 | surfingcat
Member since : 24/04/2004
Pro quick, really work, chemical free
Cons expensive, can be fiddly to get in mouth
Pain Relief
Easy to use

"Magic - they really do work!"

I was advised by a friend to try these on my teething 3 month old baby. I was very impressed at the immediate effect they had.

My son was crying in pain with his teeth so I poured a sachet of the granules into his mouth. He sort of chewed them and stopped crying straight away!

We have tried chilled teething rings which he isn't keen on having in his mouth and teething gel which is effective but only for a short period. The teething granules seem to have a fairly lasting effect which is good as you can only use one sachet every 2 hours. So far we have only had to use 1 or 2 sachets a day at most.

The granules taste OK, sort of sweet and a little milky, I tried them myself just to be sure and my son seems to eat them rather than spit them out (which he does with Calpol).

It can be fiddly trying to get the contents of the sachet in his mouth rather than all over his chin but it gets easier with practise.

These granules are readily available in Boots and cost £2.99 for 24 sachets.

It is nice to have a product that really works and isn't harmful to the baby. Give them a try.

• missixty published 07/05/2005
    So far my little girl doesn't seem to troubled by her teeth but I'll bear these in mind just incase! x
  • jobillyalice published 12/12/2004
    My friend swears by these, but I've never tried them on my children. Jo
  • hiedihi published 12/12/2004
    That was a concise but good review and conained lots of relevant info though obviously more info would give you much better ratings. Heidi xx