Boots Value Health Paracetamol Caplets

Boots Value Health Paracetamol Caplets

For All Round Pain - Paracetamol - Caplets

Review of "Boots Value Health Paracetamol Caplets"

published 26/10/2011 | pinky50
Member since : 16/11/2010
My beautiful mum passed away this year and I had lost my way and mojo writing reviews but am hoping that I can have it back soon. Having more down days recently than up but getting there slowly.
Pro Relieves pain.
Cons None.
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Cheap price for pain relief."

I have been buying these caplets for quite some time now because they are really cheap and very affordable and I have found over the years the cheaper brands work just as well for me as the branded ones and so I usually buy the non branded unless I run out of them and have to buy the more expensive variety.

These caplets are Boots own brand and they only cost 16p for 16 caplets, a bargain price in my opinion, they come in a cardboard box and the tablets are encased in a silver strip of which the tables are inside and can easily be popped from the strip, there are 2 strips of which there are 8 in each. This is handy because it means I can carry a strip in my bag for when I need them outdoors and the size of the strips are approximately 2 and a half inch square and so they take little room in a bag or hand bag.

The actual strength of these are 500mg and they are designed for mild to moderate pain relief and although they are for this level of pain I find they work perfectly for my relief and I have a little higher than these amounts at times and they suit me well and they work. I have used them for when I have headaches mainly and for when I have had pain if I have fallen and had a few bruises and the pain from the bruises have caused me discomfort as I fall quite often at times and so these have helped to ease the pain.

They are small caplets with a groove in the centre if you struggle to swallow tablets, as some people often do, I myself can swallow tablets with no problems at all but if you need to snap them in half they are a handy little tablet for this purpose. They are slightly coated and they are handy for me to swallow if I am outdoors and have no drink to swallow them as I often do not carry a drink outdoors and I have had no problems to take them this way.

The dosage is to take no more than 2 every for hours and to not exceed more than 8 caplets per day, the same as most other pain killers. It also tells me on the box to do not take them for more than 3 days without consulting a doctor. I do not take these kind of pain relief constantly for more than 3 days and so they are fine for my pain. I have found they helped in recent months with a gum problem, my gums were quite sore for a good few weeks and these caplets helped with some of the pain and gave me a little relief, although they could not take the pain away completely, they certainly helped a little to help me feel a little more comfortable and a little happier.

I have not felt any sickness while taking these as I have occasionally when taken some tablets of this kind, these ones are gentle on my stomach and caused me no problems at all. I have found they work a treat to ease pain and remove it in no time. I usually take these when I have a persistent headache that I cannot seem to shift. They are excellent for any pain relief such as toothache, muscle pain and any pain that a table of this kind can remove. I have even taken some of these when I once trapped my finger in a door and it throbbed like hell, a couple of these helped to ease the throbbing in an hour or so and a couple more after 4 hours and the pain was removed. As I am getting older I am finding that pain is a little bit more annoying and troublesome, such as an headache and so I am reaching for these kind of tablets more frequently because they are so cheap and they work out at just 1p per tablet and so good value for the price in my opinion and you just cannot go wrong with that price.

I highly recommend these for anyone to buy as they are so affordable and they work for me and I cannot honestly tell the difference with the branded ones and these cheaper tablets. I will always buy cheaper pain killers and I will continue to buy these ones in the future because they work for me perfectly. These give me all the results that I expect from a cheap brand of paracetamol caplets.

I give them 5 stars.

Also on Dooyoo under my username Pinklady1.

Thank you for reading my review.

• Coloneljohn published 02/11/2011
    Branded ones can be so costly when these work just as well. John
  • pgn0 published 29/10/2011
    Cheap is good when it comes to painkillers - I remember making salicylic acid, the chief analgesic constituent of aspirin tablets, in the chemistry lab when I was at school! That some companies can charge a small fortune for something so simple to mass-produce never fails to amaze me!
  • Novabug published 27/10/2011
    Same as Sue for me too. :)