Boots Vitamin C Powder

Boots Vitamin C Powder

Vitamins & Supplements - Vitamins - Vitamin C - Powder

Review of "Boots Vitamin C Powder"

published 06/09/2000 | ewt
Member since : 06/09/2000
Pro good for you!
Cons measuring spoon not included
Effectiveness
Price level
Duration of treatment

"The C for Me!"

Just when someone told me I would only be able to get pure, powdered vitamin C on special order, I went to Boots, and there it was. Hooray!

Pure vitamin C powder is absorbed faster by the body than tablets are, and it doesn't have the chemicals and flavours that the effervescent tablets do. This makes it especially useful when your body needs C immediately (for example, if you have been exposed to something you are allergic to or intolerant of). It is also good because it means that it is less likely to interfere with the absorption of other vitamins. It also makes it really easy to vary your dosage. It can also be mixed into topical creams and treatments, both as a preservative for home-made things and as an active ingredient itself.

Disadvantages of powdered C are tht it tastes very sour, and that it can spill easily.

What I don't like about the Boots stuff is that it doesn't come with a little measuring spoon. Vitamin C is something I will travel with, or sometimes even carry around with me during the day if I will be exposed to heavy traffic or something. This means I need a little spoon thta can go inside the container, or be attached to the container,so that I have something to measure with - vitamin C is NOT something you want to take too much of!! (It won't kill you or anything but you will get diarhhoea, and who wants that?) I currently use a small plastic spoon attached to the outside of the container with a rubber band...this has a tendency to get dirty, though, and it doesn't fit in the container. So I have to carry the whole thing around in a little plastic bag, to keep the spoon clean...this starts to get annoying. Can't they make a little spoon or soemthing that will fit inside the package?