Boots

Review of "Boots"

published 05/02/2001 | anjib
Member since : 19/12/2000
Satisfactory
Pro can get them done in an hour (so can other places)
Cons price, quality of photo's

"Boots photograph developing and processing"

Several years ago, I had been to a friends wedding and between the ceremony and evening reception, nipped into town to get some photos delivered and put in an album so they could have them in the evening.

I took them to Boots to have them developed on the hour processing. They were expensive, but for a special occasion as this, I didn't mind.

When I got them back, I was very dissapointed as they were very dark and some of the colours didn't seem true. I complained and they re-developed them free of charge. They were a bit better but still dark.

Recently, I wanted something developing quickly and with reservations, I put them into Boots and they came out dark again. I have asked around and found a couple of people who have used the quick service and have not been happy with the finished results.

I would be interested to know if any other members have had this problem, or if their normal 24hr/next day/2 day service results are affected with this problem.

Next time I will used Snappy Snaps.

• camille published 30/06/2003
    I developed my wedding photos at BOOTS, and I truely regret this. The photos came out really dark, and they said it was our fault because of the lighting, but we had no problems with the films that were processed by another company. They are not cheap to begin with, and considering the quality, it is really sad. I will NEVER use BOOTS for processing again.
  • SamanthaM published 05/03/2001
    I have had the same porblem! They were not to dark but darker then all of the other places i have tried such as Klicks photography.
  • johnalderton published 05/03/2001
    They probably under developed the film - look at your negatives, and compare with ones you know have produced good prints. Don't look at the picture, but at the bits at the edges of the film, where the numbers are printed. Compare them - if darker than ones you know to be good the negatives are overdeveloped, if lighter they are underdeveloped.

Product Information : Boots