Born This Way - Lady Gaga

Born This Way - Lady Gaga

Review of "Born This Way - Lady Gaga"

published 14/01/2012 | leeanne160480
Member since : 15/08/2008
Not been on here for around a year, putting my Dooyoo reviews over. May as well try and earn a bit more money.
Pro good songs from a good artist
Cons none
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"GOOD GAGA"

I bought this CD the day it came out back in May this year. I do like lady gaga's music and I went up to Asda on my way to work the day this launched so I had it to listen to in the car on the way to work. This album came out in a single Cd and double cd version and I have stated the tracks and what the double ones have compared to the single cd. I bought the double being a fan.

I paid £14.97 for the double and the single was £9.97. You can get this a lot cheaper thesedays due to this being out for a good few months now.

1.Marry the Night
2.Born This Way
3.Government Hooker
4.Judas
5.Americano
6.Hair
7.Scheisse
8.Bloody Mary
9.Black Jesus (extra track on double cd)
10.Bad Kids
11. Fashion of his love (extra track on double cd)
12.Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)
13.Heavy Metal Love
14.Electric Chapel
15. The Queen
16.You and I
17.The Edge of Glory

CD 2 - obviously comes with the double cd version.

1. Born This Way (country road version0
2. Judas (white shadow remix)
3. Marry The Night (Zedd Remix)
4. Scheisse (remix)
5. Fashion of his love (Fernando Garibay remix)
6. Born This Way (Jost and Naaf Remix)

So how do I find this Cd? I do really like it, and I would say I find all the songs listenable and none that I dislike, but there is ones that I like more than other.

MARRY THE NIGHT

This is the latest song to come out in the charts from this cd. This song is a good chart song with a bit of a beat to it.

BORN THIS WAY

The first song to be released from this cd and 1 of my favourites. This is just a great song and I like the pumping beat from this song. I put this song up loud. A good chart song.

GOVERMENT HOOKER

This song took a little to grow on me and the chorus is the best part of the song. The rest of it is alright. I can't see this being a normal chart kind of song.

JUDAS

The 2nd song to be released. A good song which is just a typical Gaga chart song. 1 of my favourites on the cd but I did get a little bored of it after a while and had a break.

AMERICANO

I would say 1 of my least favourite ones. The beat is good, but I just don't like the style of this song. It is a hard song to say what it sounds like. I think it has a kind of Latin sort of beat to it but it is still an uptempo song.

HAIR

I like this song. People have said this is like a cheesy pop kind of sound, but it is just the kind of song that you could sing along to. I couldn't see this being a chart song, but I think it would make a good chart song.

SCHEISSE

1 of my favourite songs. The start sounds a bit miss-mash, as the beat sounds out of tempo, but then it all goes together and this has a great beat and I always turn this way up in the Car.

BLOODY MARY

Another track that took me a bit to like, but I really like this one. A slower song than the rest that is on the song, but by no means a ballad. Just a simple slower song.

BLACK JESUS

I'm not keen on this one. Another slightly slower song, but I always just skip this one as this is a little boring.

BAD KIDS

A good song and I think this song should get released. A good pop song and very listenable.

FASHION OF THIS LOVE

I had heard a sample of this song but it was called earthquake. but a part of Earthquake is in this song and although I thought Earthquake was a slightly better song, I still think this song is good. A good uplifting chart kind of song.

Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)

A song that I do like but for some reason I don't listen to this one all that often. A good beat, good lyrics and a bit guitars thrown in.

Heavy Metal Love

1 of my favourites. A good solid beat and not a slow song, but not dance-y either. It's so hard to try and describe songs, but this is just good.

ELECTRIC CHAPEL

I'm not keen on this song. It is still listenable, but just I can't get into this song. I feel that this sort of pads the album out a bit.

THE QUEEN

At first I wasn't overly keen on this song, and I don't listen to this song all that often, but i've found recently that i've been listening to this a bit more thesedays. This song features Brian May from Queen on Guitar and I find the Guitar solo good along with Gaga singing at the end of the solo. It's a good tune, but a little bit of a mixed up beat which isn't such a bad thing.

YOU AND 1

Another song that has been released into the charts. A little bit of a slower song, but not really a ballad. A good slower kind of song.

THE EDGE OF GLORY

Yet another song that has came out in the chart. This song has been likened to a kind of Eurovision song contest entry type of song, and yes, it may sound a bit of a sing along kind of song but it's good. It's up there in the top few favourite songs on this cd, but I have to say I went off it a bit after it getting played to death on the Radio.

I'm not going to review the Remix cd, as the songs on it are just the normal songs but with different beats and a bit jazzed up. Looking back I myself wouldn't buy this double cd if I had heard the 2nd disc as I am just not all that interested in these remixes, but some remixes can be pretty good. I like the extra songs that are on the 1st disc though (well most of them), so I would recommend the 17 track cd before the 14 track normal disc.

A good CD and Gaga doing good as usual in my view.

• mozzie76 published 14/01/2012
    Good review!

offers "Born This Way - Lady Gaga"