Born This Way - Lady Gaga

Born This Way - Lady Gaga

Review of "Born This Way - Lady Gaga"

published 28/11/2017 | killingtime69
Member since : 31/10/2017
Bwoah
Good
Pro Marry The Night, Highway Unicorn, The Edge of Glory
Cons can be a bit much on the vocal parts
not rated
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Road To Glory"

Title track, 'Born This Way' (or "Born This Wa-hey" as she'll enunciate it and I'll say it) makes no apologies about being who you are and it is unapologetically pop.

I don't care too much for the lyrics in this album. From an immigrant's perspective, "I don't speak your language" she sings in 'Americano'; in 'Scheiße' she tells us she doesn't speak German (though she can if you like). The Girls Aloud can't speak French. 'Government Hooker' is named so because it name-drops JFK. However in 'Bad Kids' she threatens, "give me your money or I'll hold my breath" and I smile.

If I had to pick a few favourites: 'Marry The Night' (the "m-m-m-marry" chorus - I do), 'Highway Unicorn' (the singing and the drums they excite, I could be there drunk having a great night), 'Hair' (a highlight despite the excessive uh-huhs) and lastly there's 'The Edge of Glory' (and the end of the album).

not rated

• thedevilinme published 28/11/2017
    SHE ISA HE

offers "Born This Way - Lady Gaga"

Product Information : Born This Way - Lady Gaga

Rock & Pop - StudioRecording - 1, 2 CD(s) - Label: Interscope, Universal - Distributor: Universal Music, Cargo; Forte; Universal Distribution - Released: 23/05/2011, 07/11/2011 - 602527718385, 602527718408, 602527744612

EAN: 602527718385, 602527718408, 602527744612

Listed on Ciao since: 13/01/2011

This page moved permanently here: http://cd.ciao.co.uk/Born_This_Way_Lady_Gaga__Review_6191850