Bosch AKE 40-18 S

Bosch AKE 40-18 S

Motor capacity 1.800 W. Blade length 400 mm. Chain speed 12 m/s. Chain Chrome chain. Machine weight (incl. chain and chain bar) 4, 40 kg.

Review of "Bosch AKE 40-18 S"

published 08/04/2008 | Bob77
Member since : 23/01/2008
Pro Safety features & detailed instructions.
Cons Electric, therefore needs extension leads or nearby power supply
Performance
User's Manual
Maintenance

"Bosch Chainsaw AKE 40-18 S"

I bought this chainsaw when a 10 metre tree fell across my garden fence. I chose Bosch because I have other products mady by this company and they have appeared well designed and reliable. The 1800 watt motor was more powerful then I had expected and the instructions were extremely good covering the safe use of the chainsaw. I am pleased I bought this model with 40cm blade and not the shorter version at 35 cm.
The chainsaw has 2 excellent safety devices, the first requires two buttons to be operated to avoid accidental starting or use by a child. the second is an anti kick back device which applies a brake to the chain if the chainsaw is thrown upwards in the process of cutting a tree or branch. I also like the fact that you do not need spanners or tools to tighten the chain, it has a built in tensioning device which is easy to use. It is also relatively quiet compared to some chainsaws I have heard.
I have cut my fallen tree into manageable pieces and I am looking forward to trimming some overhanging branches in the near future.

• manlybeach published 08/04/2008
    You will be looking for things to chop down now! Good review
  • yummy.mummy published 08/04/2008
    thanks for the advice. Kerry xx