Review of "Bosch SGV53E33GB"

published 11/04/2010 | Ruby.xo
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro It looks good, it doesn't break
Cons Probably expensive
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"BOSCH DISHWASHER"

This is only a short review on our dishwasher, I've tried to keep it short so that you can just take out all the information you want.

Bosch SGV53E33GB

We've had this dishwasher in our family home for about five or six months now. I've wanted to review it since we got it but I thought the review would be a bit more accurate if I waited first to see how durable it was.
Bosch is usually a reliable make and this dishwasher has so far lived up to the standards we expect from a reliable make.

After our ever-faulty old one finally broke down after a good few years of looking like it might do at any minute, we decided we would treat ourselves to a brand new one that was a bit more durable.
Oh, by the way, if you're looking for technical terms you won't find any here! I'm no appliances expert so all I can comment on is how good the dishwasher has been for my family and there will be no expert advice here I'm afraid.

Appearance

We were first attracted to this dishwasher because of how stylish it looks. You can see in the picture it is a very shiny silver colour and has a gorgeous silver handle bar on the front that enables you to open it. On our old dishwasher you had to put your hands underneath this plastic handle to open it, and it wasn't at all shiny. This one is so much better.

We really love how it looks in the kitchen and think it is very posh. When people come round to the house they always compliment us on it and how proffessional it looks. Only one person has said to us that it looks like a machine that should belong in a factory, and that was someone who hates all kitchen appliances and is often very moody (my gran!). Most people who have seen the dishwasher think it looks modern and really like it.

Performance

We think this dishwasher performs excellently. There is no addition noise although you can hear it a bit it isn't too loud which can only be a good thing. It is very easy to put dishes into this, and take them out again. It always cleans them very well - except for one time when my sister put washing up liquid into it instead of dishwasher tablets! But usually, as long as you know how to work the dishwasher (which is very simple) the performance of this one is very good.

We've had this for six months and it has lasted us all this time without breaking, which is brilliant. With our last dishwasher it was always stopping in the middle of a wash, or leaking, but with this one there haven't been any problems. If you're careful with it and treat it well it should last you a really long time.

My parents refused to tell me how much this dishwasher costed, therefore I can only conclude that it was very expensive. It looks expensive and certainly works very well, so I would say that it is good value for money.
If you are looking to buy this I would recommend it, and I know for a fact this dishwasher is available to buy at lots of different places; I'm sure while driving past my local electrics shop not long back I saw this dishwasher in the window with a good deal on it.
For the best prices I would recommend amazon and ebay as they always seem to have some good deals.

Overall, this is recommended.

• babycougar published 30/04/2010
    Nice review!
  • VampirePrincessLizzy published 22/04/2010
    I would be lost without my dishwasher on the nights I have the family over! lol Well reviewed ;)
  • sarahbarrow published 18/04/2010