Review of "Bosch SGV53E33GB"

published 23/08/2010 | BRoyJenkins
Member since : 30/07/2010
For more-extensive and carefully thought out movie reviews, check out my film blog, it's honestly the best thing anyone's ever done: http://blogs.examiner.co.uk/moviesfilmscinema/ . For the same reviews under a different name, see me on dooyoo.
Pro Quick, looks good
Cons No major flaws except maybe for price
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Great device"

Personally, I never saw the point of dishwashers before - it felt like an expensive and lazy machine to have in your possession. It turns out I was wrong, as owning a dishwasher can be an incredibly time-saving thing and this particular make is one of the best ways to go about it.

What always gets me about big machinery like this is that they can sometimes come too large and make far too much noise. Clearly, this being a dishwasher, it was always going to be a large machine or it simply wouldn't be very useful at all, but the noise on this machine is very low, which is a huge bonus for me as it can be very annoying when a dishwasher or washing machine is heard making a giant din from the other end of your house. The largeness of the machine is also no problem as you can fit a heck of a lot of plates, cups etc into it. It certainly looks good, too; something can perform well but if it doesn't look modern and stylish it can be a detriment to the look of your house. Fortunately this one is easy on the eye.

The dishwasher itself works very well indeed. Obviously not all dishwashers can eradicate all dirt 100% of the time, and this one follows that pattern, but this one comes pretty close anyway. I'm not sure how increasingly inefficient it may become over time - we haven't owned this for long in our household - but right now it does its job extremely well. Its speed is good too - if you manage to fill the machine up, the amount of stuff in there would take far longer to wash by hand.

This dishwasher is definitely an expensive product, but then again I'm no expert, and there don't appear to be many dishwashers that you can find cheap anyway. At least I can't say you won't be paying needlessly - this is certainly a reliable machine, and one with which I've yet to encounter any faults, apart from the very minor one (and one which is typical of all dishwashers) aforementioned. If you can find this for a good price - apparently around £350 is its best price at the moment, which is admittedly a bit steep - then I definitely recommend the purchase.