Bosch WAE28166

Bosch WAE28166

Freestanding - Front Loading - Energy Efficiency: A+++, A - Max Capacity: 6 kg - Width: 60 cm

Review of "Bosch WAE28166"

published 16/08/2011 | fairyg
Member since : 04/02/2004
Hi, I'm Catherine I work part time and am mum to my two daughters Charlotte (11) and Sophie (8). When I get the time I enjoy reading, watching films, and a nice glass of wine!
Pro Variety of programmes, A rated, large drum, easy to use
Cons Programmes longer than my previous washer

"A Jolly Good Wash! Bosch Washing Machine WAE28166GB"

One terrible day last month my 6 year old washing machine took it's last breath and died :( My mission was to find a fantastic replacement at a good price....the challenge was on!

After speaking to my mum (because as everyone knows, 'mum's know best') she recommended I have a look at Bosch washing machines as her current washer is a Bosch, and also the one before that. She said that in her case they had always been reliable and washed well.

Now apart from wanting a reliable washer to make my clothes all clean and fresh I was also after something that was environmentally friendly to 'do my bit', but also to help save on costs in this financially challenging time. Other requirements were a decent size drum as we are a family of four (2 adults and 2 children); a high spin rpm so the washing doesn't take much drying and enough programmes to cover all types of material I would be washing all for a reasonable price.

After a few searches and comparisons I came up with the Bosch Classixx 6 VarioPerfect. It's 'A less 10%' rated which means it is 10% better than an A rated product. So that was my first wish ticked off. A 6kg capacity drum meet my next requirement and it has programmes for cottons, synthetics, mixed loads, delicates etc as well as pre-wash, super quick and reduced ironing options amongst others. It also has a buzzer (you can control the volume of this) that goes off when the programme has finished which is handy for me as my washer is in the utility and I often forget about the washing if I get pre-occupied!

The washer has spin rmps between 600 and 1400 depending on what programme you select (i.e. cotton is 1400 rpm, whereas synthetics is 1000-1200 rpm)

After a delay with delivery from the internet site I ordered from (that's another review!) it finally arrived and I plumbed it in myself very easily, put it on a 'test run' then set to work with my many, many piles of washing.

I've now had my lovely washer for about 4 weeks and have used various cycles and have always had great results. Clothes, bedding and towels all wash well and come out clean. The machine itself is very easy to use. Bung the clothes, conditioner and liquid/powder/capsule in, turn the dial to the material/temp you require - the spin rmp is automatically selected, select any other functions you require, e.g. reduced ironing then simply lightly press the start button and away you go!

The only possible thing I could complain about is that the programmes seem to take longer than my previous washer (Hotpoint) but apart from that it's all good.

Here's a link to the Bosch website with infor for the washer

I found prices online varied a great deal from over £400 to the £325 I paid for it.

• Spottydog11 published 16/08/2011