Adelon 5

Adelon

Member since:07.12.2011

An excellent Washing Machine which is well worth the money

07.12.2011

Advantages:
Takes a large load, washes very well, rinses well and is a very quiet machine

Disadvantages:
Larger than the average machine so won't fit in all houses

Performance

1. torr
  2. AnneLorraine1
  3. thedevilinme
  1. Nar2

I have two young boys, who seem to be dirt magnets, and a finnicky husband who loves his superclean shirts. I used to spend forever washing clothes. I've had this machine for 4 months now, and I love it.

The 8kg capacity is fantastic, I can easily wash a basketful of clothing, the boys' single duvets fit easily as do pillows and bedding.

The programmes are easy to use, you can reduce the spin speed (and increase on some cycles up to 1600), delay the start time, and you can see at a glance how much time left in the cycle. The standard 'mixed load' cycle is 1 hr and 1 minute, which can be sped up to 49 minutes. The hot cottons wash shows as being up to 2 hrs 40 minutes (depending on load size), and can be sped up to 1 hr and 6 minutes. The delicates and wool cycles are 46 and 40 minutes respectively. There is also a 15 minute super wash.

The wash cycle can be delayed, and the timer shows you what time the wash will finish, so you can time it perfectly if you have off-peak power.

My clothes come out cleaner than in previous washing machines, and it treats my clothes gently. The rinse cycle is great, my clothes come out smelling clean, rather than of detergent. The really fabulous thing about this washing machine is just how quiet it is, even on fast spin cycles! That is why I have given it such a high 'value for money' rating. The quietness of the machine was very important to me as I used to have a machine which I couldn't use once the boys were in bed.

The reduced ironing option will also reduce the wash time, and I've found that clothes really do come out less creased. It also has an eco drive, which I haven't really utilised so can't comment on.

It is larger than most washing machines, so doubtful that it would fit under the kitchen bench very well, but if you have a utility room then this is the machine you should choose.

Great manual, but I know that only because I was bored and read it one day, not because I needed to read it to use it.

I installed it myself, the instructions were simple and easy to follow.

The Bosch WTV74307UK dryer is a perfect size match, and sits on top of the washing machine, saving space.

The only minor problem with this machine is the sensitivity of the buttons, I have been known to accidentally change settings when I've backed up against it when sorting the washing out, but it beeps so you know that you've done it so no harm is done! But it is such a nice change having a machine which responds to a gentle press of the button.

torr 09.12.2011 11:47