Bounty Ice Cream Mango and Passion Fruit

Bounty Ice Cream Mango and Passion Fruit

Review of "Bounty Ice Cream Mango and Passion Fruit"

published 21/05/2004 | duskmaiden
Member since : 28/03/2003
I am back as Mrs Duskmaiden
Pro lucious taste,
Cons e numbers,
Smell
Product Quality

"Is this better than sex???"

When the weather is getting hot and steamy you want to cool down in style. A fruit ice lolly seems a bit childish whilst a chocolate covered ice cream is not refreshing enough. I have a luxurious tropical treat to tease your taste buds when the climate is hot and balmy. The treat in question is Bounty Ice Cream Mango and Passion Fruit. It is coconut ice-cream covered n a thin layer of mango and passion fruit sorbet. So did it tantalise my taste buds leaving me feeling very fruity?

On opening the wrapper, which is in the good old blue and white Bounty colours resplendent with the famous tropical logo. The lolly looks rather darn good. It really does awaken and excite my senses. It is beautifully formed. It is a fairly thick large oval shaped lolly perhaps the same size as a Magnum. Colour wise it does resemble the orangey yellow of a mango. The colour does not look unnatural at all although the ingredients do list artificial colours. The smell is divine. The lush scent of mango stands out a mile with just a hint of passion fruit and coconut.

I raise the lolly to my lips and take a tentative lick. I am rewarded by a sweet but sharp taste of the mango and passion fruit covering. The sorbet makes up11.2 % of the lolly and it does contain real fruit. Ass well as the dominant mango and passion fruit the sorbet contains kiwi and lenon juice. Yum. This really is a luscious treat. I slowly lap away at the sorbet savouring the tropical flavours when I hit the creamy white smooth bounty ice cream. I am in seventh heaven. The ice cream is very smooth, creamy and silky on my tongue. It is an exquisite texture. Boy am I being treated today. The ice-cream has a subtle coconut flavour which is enhanced with little strands of desiccated coconut just like the chocolate bar There are little streaks of mango puree laced throughout the ice cream to give it a slightly more complex flavour. Boy is this wonderful. This really overloaded my senses making me feel all a quiver. This really is one to savour. Share it with a lover or have it alone if feeling indulgent.

This treat was one you could indulge in quite frequently. I paid one pund for this. That’s not bad value for money since even an average ice lolly is near enough 50 pence nowadays and is cheaper than the overrated Magnums. I am not sure about the nutrition as there is none on the wrapper. I would guess it is not great for you but the inclusion of mango and passion fruit would mean there are some vitamins in there. I am not sure if you can get them in multi pack boxes. If you can I will snap one up straight away. These really are delightful

As you can see I was highly delighted with this tasty morsel with its sharp but sweet fruity coating and its indulgently creamy coconut ice cream. This really fits in well with the bounty brand. When I want a little pick me up this summer I will certainly buy Bounty Ice Cream Mango and Passion Fruit.

• somebodyrandom published 04/08/2004
    If this is better than sex then I think you are missing out! Dan :-)
  • JeeanA published 19/06/2004
    This sounds lovely! I think I'll have to give it a go if I see it. You ought to go into writing erotica - I think you'd do quite well! :o) Great op!
  • flipflopgirl published 16/06/2004
    This sounds gorgeous, but I really can't stand cocount! isobel xx