Bourjois Bronzing Powder

Bourjois Bronzing Powder

Face Make-up - Blush, Bronzer

Review of "Bourjois Bronzing Powder"

published 15/01/2007 | neenn
Member since : 31/12/2005
Pro Great smell & Lovely Bronzer
Cons None at all

"Bronzed Perfection!!"

Yet another one of my Christmas treats........ maybe I should take the hint that no longer can I go around make-up-less!

~ Price & Where to Buy It ~

This is very reasonably priced in Boots at £6.95. Compared to my ultraglow bronzer which is around about the £20 mark, this is a very competitive price.

Bourjois Paris products can be bought from:
  • Boots
  • John Lewis
  • Tesco
  • Lloyds Pharmacy
  • Superdrug
  • Waitrose
  • Asos.com

~ Packaging ~

Rather than a compact, this comes in an unusual packet. It almost looks like a small hardcover book.
It opens from the front like a book and inside there is, what looks like 4 large squares of chocolate, covered in a protective seal.
Many of you may worry about it not coming in a compact and I have to admit I do prefer compacts with a mirror so that you can take a quick peek in the mirror when applying products when you just can't get to the toilet mirrors in a busy bar / nightclub at the weekend.
Despite this, this product fits comfortably in my evening bag, although it does have to be said that I don't have a teeny tiny bag!

~ What does it promise?~
  • Gives an immediate boost to your complexion.
  • Deliciously perfumed.
  • Ultra-soft texture.

~ How to apply it? ~

Once the protective seal has been removed, it's extremely easy to apply. I use a large blusher / bronzer brush, rub it gently over the product and brush it lightly over my face and neck and whatever else is on show!

~ What do I think?~

One word............ Fabulous!!

* Smell
I love it. Bourjois Paris suggest that it has a chocolatey smell. It definitely has a very, very light cocoa like smell to it and really does smell as if it is edible.

* Appearance
Apart from it not having a compact mirror, I like the appearance of it.
The packaging looks expensive and is 'different' once you get over it looking like 4 squares of chocolate!

* Results

The results are fantastic.
Over the years I have used quite a few bronzer with varying degrees of success, it has to be said that some have been disastrous leaving you looking like a big blob of orange, some would say a 'tangoed' look!

This gives an extremely subtle but very effective look. I haven't got pale skin in comparison to typical 'English Roses' but I do go quite pale for me in the winter.

When I apply this over my usual foundation, it makes me look so much healthier without looking that I have a bronzer on.

I also like the fact that this doesn't have little specks of glitter in it which quite a few bronzers do, a dead give-away that you are wearing them!

~ Bourjois Paris ~

The following information is from Bourjois Paris' website.

The first powder blush was created by Alexandre Napoleon Bourjois in 1863 and the original little round pot still remains the signature of the brand today.

Bourjois Paris create a wide range of cosmetics, all created and manufactured in France. The colour ranges are constantly updated and range from neutral shades to vibrant colours.

Bourjois believe that 'make-up is a pleasure and should be a delight for everyone'.

~ My Verdict ~

This is the first Bourjois product that I have used and based on this I will certainly be taking a look at their other offerings.

I am delighted with this bronzer, at last a make-up product that does exactly what it says, no false promises, just great quality.

• baby_uk published 20/01/2007
    I have visions of my boyfriend finding this and eating it, lol! xx
  • jesi published 18/01/2007
    How do you protect it once the protective seal is off? ~ ! ♥♥ ! ~ ........................................................... ~ jes ~ ! ♥♥ !
  • KELLYLOUJ published 17/01/2007
    I am now off to go and get one of these it is just want I need and will be a good collection to an almost empty makeup bag!

offers "Bourjois Bronzing Powder"