Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover

Review of "Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover"

published 18/09/2012 | Violet1278
Member since : 10/11/2008
I have been way for a few weeks so apologies if I have missed your reviews. Am starting the catch up!
Pro Removes polish effortlessly
Cons Takes more than a second in my experience.
Performance
Harshness to Skin

"A New Way To Remove Nail Polish."

Pretty in pink- a new way to take off polish.

Pretty in pink- a new way to take off polish.

Bourjois Dissolvant Miraculeux

Yesterday I went into Superdrug as I wanted some Healthy Mix Serum Foundation by Bourjois as I love this foundation, especially for summer days, and when I want to look awake! As usual I was greeting by this buy two get one free offer on the Bourjois range, which always angers me initially as I often don't want multiple purchases. I think it often leads to the acquisition of items that maybe you wouldn't normally need and are tempted into purchasing. On this occasion I wasn't too worried as I thought that my daughter would appreciate a gift of this foundation as she uses Bourjois, and so that only remained for me to seek out a third item which would then be free. This lead me to the purchase of The Bourjois Dissolvant Miraculeux which is a nail varnish remover with a difference.

Speed Is Of The Essence!

Removing nail varnish is something that I used to really hate as it is often time consuming, but in recent years I discovered a Revlon product in the form of wipes called One Step that were sold in Poundland that are absolutely fantastic. I went on to purchase more of these from Ebay as they simply removed varnish in seconds making the job an absolute doddle. Sadly these are becoming more difficult to find now and so I decided to try this new product from Bourjois to see if it would deliver similar fast results.

Enter Bourjois Dissolvant Miraculeux

The product retails for £4.99 and is presented in a deep pink supplement shaped bottle with a screw lid. Inside is a dark sponge with a nail shaped hole in the centre. All you are instructed to do is to dip your finger in the sponge, twist leave for one second and the polish is removed instantly. The product is paraben free and acetone free, and additionally is scented with vanilla and red berries.

When I do my nails I tend to do the job thoroughly so have base coat, two coats and a hard wearing top coat which I will often repeat several times. This way my manicure lasts for about a week, especially if I use an OPI polish which I find are more long lasting than some. Consequently it is quite a challenge to remove. So it was with some scepticism that I followed the advice and gingerly put in my nails one at a time.

My findings were as follows:

The product does remove the polish effortlessly, but it took about five twists as opposed to the one that it claims. Even so this was still effortless and quick, and required no additional cotton wool or products to achieve a polish free nail in seconds. I think my armoury of coats was especially challenging, so maybe a lighter polish with less layers would come off more quickly.

All in all I was very pleased with the design and performance of this product as it is fuss free, and makes no waste so is ideal for travel. I especially like the fragrance as it is quite pleasant and it does leave the nails soft and conditioned as it contains almond oil.

My only tip would be to make sure you keep the pot level as it does contain liquid that keeps the sponge moist, and so tipping slightly could cause leakage. So be extra careful to screw the lid on tightly when travelling.

This is an expensive option, but in my opinion a worthwhile investment as it is a quick solution for an otherwise messy job that can be time consuming. Do I prefer this to my One Step Revlon wipes? The answer would probably be no as these remove polish like lightening, and for travel are fantastic as you only need a couple in your bag for a two week holiday. However I don't think my favourite wipes will be around for much longer so this is a great alternative.

I think you just have to be a little forgiving, as the one second claim is not substantiated in my experience using OPI polishes. I would say that 3-5 seconds is a more realistic estimate, but the process is effortless and the ease of use is fantastic.

Regarding the berry and vanilla scent I would say to be a little careful before getting too excited about this, as when you smell the product close up it has that nail varnish remover smell – it is only after use that the fragrance on the nails takes on the delicate aroma of vanilla and autumn fruits.

All in all I think this is a very good product that I will be re-purchasing in time as it fulfils many of the criteria I am looking for in this type of manicure accessory.

Obviously this is more tricky but not impossible to use with toes, but I would not recommend it for pedicures as I think it would make more sense to use another product for this.

Final Thoughts

I am very pleased with my purchase which was of course free on this occasion, and I think it is an innovative product that has advantages over conventional methods of removing polish.

This review will also be published on Dooyoo under my user name Machair1.

• Absinthe_Fairy published 25/09/2012
    Super review.
  • Wee_Jackie_163 published 24/09/2012
    An excellent write up, E x
  • Alyson29 published 23/09/2012
    An excellent consumer review here :o)

offers "Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover"