Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover

Review of "Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover"

published 20/06/2013 | stickyangel
Member since : 11/04/2013
I've been on dooyoo for a while and thought I'd come check out this site too.
Pro Removes varnish relatively quickly, mess free, convenient
Cons Expensive, potentially damaging skin of fingers
Performance
Harshness to Skin

"Not Quite Magic"

I've recently started wearing nail varnish again after years of not bothering with it at all due to my nails breaking all the time at work. One of the things I used to hate about wearing nail varnish was removing it, it's such a faff on, so I decided to pick up this Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover which claims to take only 1 second per nail. I paid £4.99 for the pot in Superdrug.

The product is basically a pink plastic pot with a screw off lid, inside of which is a nail varnish remover soaked sponge with a hole in the centre. To use it you're just supposed to stick your finger in the hole (sounds dodgy I know, kinda looks it too!) twist and remove, and apparently your varnish should be completely removed.

The first thing I noticed about it when opening the pot is the horribly strong smell of nail varnish remover, which surprised me as it says on the front of the pot that it has a red fruit and vanilla fragrance. When beginning to use it I actually cringed at the feel of the sponge inside, it's not a pleasant feeling at all. I tried simply twisting my finger and removing as we're told in the instructions but this does not remove my nail varnish.

I find I have to twist my finger around in the pot a fair few times before my varnish is removed. I'd say it takes around 20-30 seconds per nail rather than the second they claim, but it's still much easier than faffing about with cotton wool etc. One thing I'm really not sure on though is what this is doing to the skin on my fingers, it doesn't feel good at all and I'm pretty sure it must be damaging the skin because despite it containing moisturising almond oil it really feels chemical and harsh.

Once my nails have dried off after removing my varnish with this I can suddenly smell the red fruit and vanilla fragrance that is described on the pot, and it does smell nice I have to admit, but it doesn't last long.

Overall I do like this as a quick and convenient way of removing my nail polish, of course it would be great for travelling rather than having to carry a bottle of remover and cotton pads with you, but I don't think I'll keep using it too often because I feel as though it's damaging the skin on my fingers.

First published by me on dooyoo 16/4/13

offers "Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover"