Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover

Review of "Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover"

published 25/09/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro Fast removal
Cons Dark shades ruin the pot for future ue
Performance
Price
Harshness to Skin

"The convenient remover"

I have had a few pots of the Bourjois magic nail polish remover. It's basically a pot with a sponge inside that is infused with a nail polish remover. It says you can use them on fingers and toes but I personally would struggle to get my toes in to one of these pots! For fingers though, they work just fine.

In use
You just stick your finger in to the hole in the pot and twist around and remove and it comes out with no nail polish on your nail. If there is any left on, just twist again a couple of times.

Beware
I try to stick to light or dark shades per pot as it can spoil it a bit if you use it on black polish then go to remove a lighter shade, you can end up with stained fingers if you have gone in with a deep or dark colour.

Best for...
I find these pots excellent for removing a glitter top coat which can be like cement on the nail. The sponge texture is good at getting the glitter and under layers off a lot quicker than the other option of scrubbing away or soaking with foil tips.

Don't bother with...
Gel polish, it won't work as the remover is an acetone free version in this pot which is a lot kinder on your nails. You can get these pots with another brand that claim to remove acrylic nails. It will not do your natural nails any favours though.

How long does it last?
I have found these pots can last around two months even with regular use. When the sponge starts to disintegrate and go all bitty on you it is time to buy another! If you keep the lid screwed on tight between uses the liquid will not evaporate.

Price and availability
A single pot is £4.99. You can sometimes buy these on 3 for 2 deals at Boots which is when I stock up on them.

My thoughts
These are great for travel and easy to use. I tend to use around four cotton pads when I use normal remover and sometimes the lint sticks to my nails which is annoying so this is definitely a better way to remove as the sponge does not leave any fluff behind. I don't think the price is to bad as they last a couple of months and you save money from buying cotton wool. It does still smell as strong as a regular bottle of remover so it does not avoid that stench that fills the room once the lid of the pot is off.

Final word
I will buy these pots again as they do work really well. I don't have one on the go at the moment so no photo this time, sorry. I do recommend these though and would advise not to buy the cheaper copies as I know a few people who bought them and their nails all broke off shortly after using which was a shame, they must have harsher ingredients in them. My nails still grew after using the Bourjois one though.

• euphie published 08/10/2017
    vh :o)
  • NBCMad92 published 28/09/2017
    Great
  • mumsymary published 27/09/2017
    Doubt I would get my toes in here

offers "Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover"