Bradford & Bingley Building Society

Bradford & Bingley Building Society

Review of "Bradford & Bingley Building Society"

published 26/10/2001 | ashford
Member since : 21/06/2000
Pro Good range of accounts. Competitive. Offshore Accounts
Cons Quality of service declined recently.Not many branches in the South

"Good but Not as Good as Before"

I have had accounts with the Bradford & Bingley Building Society since 1979 when I obtained my very first mortgage with them and was required to open a savings account. That was in Yorkshire and,of course,there are a lot of branches of B&BBS in that county.

I have long since paid off the mortgage but I still have two accounts with this Building Society,one in England and another offshore in the Isle of Man. B&BBS has converted to a bank and I,along with thousands of other investors,hoped to get windfall in the form of shares.However, I have yet to receive any payment.

My experience with the Bradford & Bingley has mainly been a pleasant one. I found they are friendly but efficient,they regularly used to update me with details of new accounts, interest rate changes and other happenings. Their response time to any queries is fast and my offshore account gets an attractive rate of return coupled with a further bonus if I make less than two withdrawals in a year. However, since conversion to a bank I have found they do not respond as quickly to requests as before and now do not even acknowledge my small deposits that I make into my UK account.So whilst I have basically a good opinion of them I do feel the standard of their service since they became a bank has declined somewhat.

This review was read 2076 times and was rated at

• elspeth334 published 26/10/2001
    I received my windfall ages ago you should query it Cheers Elspeth

Product Information : Bradford & Bingley Building Society