Furniture Polish/Cleaning

Review of "Brasso Metal Polish"

published 08/04/2012 | randy_edith
Member since : 25/09/2011
Well I didn't dig the hole deep enough and now something's dug poor Gertie back up, I think it's a fox, it's very upsetting to see
Pro It is useful for cleaning a lot of different metals
Cons Nothing but you might not like the smell
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Brasso works very well"

Brasso Metal Polish

I always have a tin of Brasso polish in my house because I think it is very useful for a lot of things. I like Brasso and I have bee using it for many years. Mine is in a tin with a lid that screws off and it cost me just over £2. I have had it for along time now but it keeps, I find.

I do like the smell of Brasso though it is quite strong, but it’s a smell I am happy to have in my house and I don’t find it unpleasant, though I know some people may do. I use Brasso for polishing and cleaning up a lot of my household items and it works wonderfully I find.

I find my taps come up lovely when I use it one them. I put it onto a cloth which is clean and dry and it gives me great satisfaction as I can see it starting to work. The Brasso is thick and a light yellow in colour, quite pale. My daughter cannot use this without opening her windows first because she says the smell is so strong and yet I don’t find I have this problem at all.

If my taps are looking a bit dull and not bright and shiny I find that the Brasso brings out a lovely shine to them in no time at all. I have to use a little bit of elbow grease but no overly so. The results are always good and impressive.

I like to use Brasso on all of my brass objects but it also works juts as well on my chrome and I find it brings up copper to look lovely. It’s probably best to wear some protective gloves though because the smell seems to stick to the skin and it is very hard to wash it off properly afterwards. It isn’t harsh on my skin though and won’t aggravate it, it’s just that it smells very strong I find.

One tin will last me well over a year because I never need to use very much and I do love this product.

I recommend it to you.

offers "Brasso Metal Polish"