Braun ORAL B Vitality DUAL Clean (D 12 013 )

Braun ORAL B Vitality DUAL Clean (D 12 013 )

Toothbrush - Rechargeable - For Adults - Cleaning Mode: Rotary-Oscillating - 1 Brushheads

Review of "Braun ORAL B Vitality DUAL Clean (D 12 013 )"

published 08/06/2011 | Panda.Eyes
Member since : 05/05/2011
Hey, you may know me as PandaEyes from DooYoo. Thank you for reading my reviews and I always try to read and rate others back :)
Pro Timer, rechargable, different toothbrush heads to choose from,cleans teeth better than a manual.
Cons Replacement heads can be expensive.
Ease of Use
Improvement on Teeth Condition

"Oral B Vitality - White + clean.... it works for me."

I have been using an electric toothbursh for several years now and since beginning to use one, I have never wanted to go back to using a manual toothbrush, and so when my previous electric toothbrush died on me, I had to buy another.

I previously had an Oral - B toothbrush and liked it so was looking to buy an Oral - B one again this time. I don't think that they are unreliable, mine would no longer turn on even after charging for hours and hours, I am not sure if it was the toothbrush itself or the charger that had broke, but I wasn't particularly bothered as I had it for around ten years, so it was old!

I was going to save some Amazon vouchers up and buy one from there. I had saved up around £25 worth of Boots advantage card points after Christmas and was going to use them to buy one, but all of the toothbrushes were at their normal price and I very often see them at half price in many retailers so I wanted to wait. I am glad I did as a couple of weeks ago Morrisons had all of the Oral - B toothbrushes at half price. The Oral - B vitality white + clean that I bought, was priced at a little over £16. It is usually around £32. They had many others at the same price and also a couple for around £22. I was not bothered about my toothbrush having a digital display or what colour it was, I just wanted it to clean my teeth, so I opted for one of the cheaper ones, knowing they would still be good from my past experience.

I am not sure if they still are half price at Morrisons, but I did see them a few days ago half price in Superdrug, so if you are interested in buying one I would look there. It is definitely worth waiting until they are half price though, as they so often are in different reatilers throughout the year.

The packaging states that the electric toothbrush removes more plaque than a regular toothbrush - and a unique polishing cup removes surface stains. This polishing cup is yellow on the toothbrush head, they do not appear on all toothbrush heads as you can get different kinds. If you drink lots of tea or coffee, or are a smoker, then you may want to opt for the one with the polishing cup as it helps to remove stains that these products leave. I am a big tea drinker and so this is why I chose this one. However, it is not recommened to use this one with braces.

With the toothbrush I got the charger and one head. Sometimes you can get some electric toothbrushes with additional free heads in the pack as a promotion, if you see these packs then I would recommend it as the toothbrush heads can be expensive, costing around £10 - £15 for 4. I will purchase mine from Amazon as they are usually cheap on there costing around £8 for 4.

You are recommened to replace your toothbrush head once every three months, like you would change your normal toothbrush every three months. One of the good things I like about Oral - B's toothbrush heads is that they feature light blue indicator bristles that help you monitor when your toothbrush head needs changing. The blue colour on the bristles will fade away half way down after a three month period so you know when it needs changing. Many people usually change when the bristles start to splay, but it states in the manual I got with my toothbrush that if this happens before the blue colour fades away on them, then you are putting too much pressure on teeth and gums.

When I first starting using my new toothbrush my gums were bleeding slightly, it stopped after a few uses though and I have just noticed that it states this is normal for a new toothbrush head. (I didn't read the manual before using it the first time.)

Another good thing I like about this particular electric toothbrush is that it lets you know when you have been brushing your teeth for two minutes and it is time to stop. Two minutes is the recommended length of time you should brush your teeth for everytime, and as I never count or know how long I've been brushing for this comes in handy. It tells you by changing the vibrations slightly for a few seconds.

As this is rechargable you do not need to worry about changing the batteries every so often, which would be very costly. Instead you just place this on the charging unit and leave it to charge. I charge this up around once every week, and I use it twice daily for two minutes everytime. While the toothbrush is waterproof (obviously) the charging unit is not so you must keep this away from water. When going abroad I tend to stick to using a manual toothbrush, I do not like it, but I cope with it for the convenience of not having to take the charging unit, incase it did run out of charge, as they do on a weekly basis.

I am very pleased with my new purchase, and I have noticed a difference in my teeth since using this brush. As my last one broke and I waited a little while before buying a new one, I was using it still but without the power, just like a manual toothbrush. When I started to use a powered toothbrush properly again though then my teeth appeared brighter and more whiter than usual.

If you havent used an electric toothbrush yet, then I highly recommend it. They are very reliable as my previous one lasted around ten years, and you get a two year guarantee with them if it did break for some reason.

Summary: After using this I could never go back to using a manual toothbrush.

• Mac83 published 21/07/2011
    Great rev =) E
  • supersonic75 published 10/06/2011
    Excellent review x
  • Jake_Speed published 09/06/2011
    Super review. I drink a lot of tea too. Perhaps I should buy one of these!