Breville 2 Slice Toaster

Breville 2 Slice Toaster

Review of "Breville 2 Slice Toaster"

published 06/01/2015 | jojoborne
Member since : 24/02/2011
Thanks for all the rates. Appreciated :0)
Pro Small and tidy. Fits standard and thicker bread. Defrost function. Toasts well.
Cons None for me
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Size doesn't always matter!"

Breville Two-Slice Toaster

I have always been extremely annoyed at toasters that standard bread doesn’t fit into. The times I have felt like throwing a toaster through the kitchen window out of frustration and annoyance are too many to mention.

In Holland this seems to be even worse. I have never purchased even one decent toaster. I have only seen one decent one in fact and that was at my girlfriend’s parent’s house. The last one we had was ridiculous as you had to toast half the slice and then turn it over to do the other end.

Anyway, on a visit to England this year a relative gave me this toaster. It was still new in the box as he had never used it.

So it was free and it is a great little toaster; so it was a double bonus for me.

I say it is a great ‘little’ toaster as it only measures 8’’x 10’’ or 20cm x 30cm.

For a small toaster it does a great job and for me the main factor here is that bread fits in it!

The toaster is made from stainless steel and although not elaborately designed it looks quite nice and not out of place in a nice clean kitchen. It also has a neat and tidy lead, which is handy for small kitchens. We live in an apartment at the moment so it is ideal.

It is capable of toasting thick bread, tea cakes and small pitta breads. It also comes with a toast elevator, which is handy for pulling out the toasted bread without burning your fingers.

It has a digital setting and a counter for browning that runs from one to nine, with nine obviously being the higher setting for a well done toast. I like my toast to be toast so I prefer a higher setting of six or seven.

There is also a reheat function and a defrost button so you can toast bread straight from the freezer. I usually defrost for a while and then still toast it on a lighter setting than normal. The reheat function can be handy if you have been called away from the kitchen for a lengthy time.

The toaster is easy to clean and just a wipe with a wet cloth and then a buff up will remove any finger prints. There is a crumb tray which can be slid out of the bottom of the toaster with no fuss and the tray just needs a quick wipe after discarding the crumbs.

All in all I would recommend this great little toaster and when this one packs in I hope to get another one to replace it. Even when we sell our apartment and move into a house with a bigger kitchen, I think I will stick with this toaster.

I give this toaster four out of five stars

©Lee Billingham

• cha97michelle published 08/01/2015
    well covered
  • RICHADA published 07/01/2015
    We manage quite happily without a toaster, so no sale here I'm afraid. R.
  • spanielize published 07/01/2015
    Toasty!

offers "Breville 2 Slice Toaster"

Product Information : Breville 2 Slice Toaster

The Breville 2 Slice Stainless Steel Toaster isn't just a toaster; it's a designer kitchen accessory that defrosts, reheats and toasts. In polished, rust-proof stainless steel with black trim, this marvellous device has long, variable width slots for varying slice thicknesses and a maximum power rating of 1000W.The toaster incorporates a defrost button for toasting frozen bread straight from the freezer, reheat function, variable browning control for light or dark toast, and while we all know a watched toaster never pops, this one definitely does - as well as an indicator light display, it has a digital countdown screen that monitors the remaining wait! The removable crumb tray makes for easy cleaning and the cancel button prevents those smoky over-toasting emergencies, while the built-in cable storage makes this a tidy item to have in a small kitchen where space is at a premium. The toaster's cool touch sides and control handle make it safe to use, while the high lift function allows you to extract smaller pieces without danger of burning.

Manufacturer: Breville