Breville VTT001

Breville VTT001

Toaster, Traditional Toaster - 2 Slots, 4 Slots - with Cancel Function - with Variable Slot Width - without Cool Wall - with High Lift

Review of "Breville VTT001"

published 02/03/2012 | luckyarchers
Member since : 17/10/2002
Pro Durable, reliable and good-looking.
Cons Large households may need more slots.
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Good-Looking, Reliable & Durable"

Price

My family have been using this reliable toaster for about 3 years now. We bought it too long ago for me to remember how much we paid but we always go for the best value for money brand at the time of purchase. I believe it was on extra special offer at Tesco when we needed a replacement, so we just popped it into our supermarket trolley. The current price is around £20-£25, so if you find it at nearer £20 you will have a good deal.

Pros and Cons

This is a two slot toaster which is fine in our small household, usually catering for only 2 people, but larger families may need a 4 slot version.

We usually use Warburton's or Tesco's pre-sliced long-life bread in it, which fits nicely. (We have freshly baked rolls in our packed lunches.) However, if you want to cut your own extra thick bread slices, the "variable width" slots may not be wide enough for them.

The crumb tray is easy to slide out of the base of the toaster for cleaning. It needs emptying daily in our house, to stop it overflowing. Other than that a quick wipe over the outside with a soft damp cloth has kept it clean.

It has a variable browning control with settings from 1 to 6. Although we have different tastes on how brown we like our toast, we leave it on setting 2. Setting 2 used once suits me and setting 2 used twice suits hubby. Although this system works for us, I appreciate that others might find it a bit weird, and so adjust the setting to whatever matches their needs best. If you only want to toast 1 slice of bread, you will need to adjust the setting downwards. If you want more than 2 slices, cater for those who like the lightest coloured toast first, or turn to setting down for later batches so that it does not brown too much.

It also has buttons for manual pop-up to allow users to cancel the toasting process, re-heat to bring cooled toast up to temperature again and defrost to allow extra cooking time from frozen.

Blue lights let you know what function it is preforming.

The loading handle can be lifted above the starting position. This "high-lift" feature makes it easy to remove toasted items, even if they are quite small.

I think that this is a good-looking polished stainless steel toaster with its black sides and distinctive sloped slots. Even more appealing to me, has been its reliability and durability.

RECOMMENDATION

I recommend this two-slice toaster to small households, as we have found it reliable, durable and good value for money.

• dynamicnurse published 02/03/2012
    I must keep an eye out for this!
  • hogsflesh published 02/03/2012
    Warburtons doesn't fit properly in my current toaster, which is annoying.
  • Anna_Can_Fly published 02/03/2012
    good toaster good review, ta A x