Bridget Jones's Diary Vol.2 - Original Soundtrack
1 CD(s) - Film - Label: Mercury - Distributor: Universal Music - Released: 29/10/2001 - 731458659822
4 reviews from the community
Review of "Bridget Jones's Diary Vol.2 - Original Soundtrack"
The only reason i bought this was, simply to take advantage of a 4 CDS for £20 offer in Virgin Megastore. Admittedly I didn't remember half the songs from the film itself, but decicded that i could get quite a few worse CDs for that price and judging by the fact that I liked the soundtrack to the first film, I thought I'd give it a shot.Tracks:
1. Will Young - Your Love is King
2. Jamelia - Stop
3. Kylie Minogue - Can't get You Out of My Head
4. Joss Stone - Super Duper Love (are you diggin' on me?)
5. Mary J. Blige - Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
6. Robbie Williams - Misunderstood
7. Jamie Cullum - Everlasting Love
8. Barry White - Your The First, The Last, My Everything
9. Beyonce, feat Jay Z - Crazy In Love
10. Rufus Wainwright feat Dido - I Eat Dinner
11. 10cc - I'm Not In Love
12. Carley Simon - Nobody Does it Better
13. Primal Scream - Loaded
14. The Darkness - I Believe In a Thing Called Love
15. Amy Winehouse - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
16. Minnie Riperton - Loving You
17. Aretha Franklin - Think
18. Leona Naess - Calling
19. Sting feat Annie Lennox - We'll be Together
20. Harry Gregson-Williams - Bridgets Theme
Having said that there are some absolute classics in there as well as some relatively new songs. I tend to prefer the classics such as Barry White and Aretha Franklin, but the newer songs are just as good. I really like Mary J.Blige's cover of Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word, it has very little backing music, so in a way is almost accoustic, but not quite, it does, however, really make her voice stand out.
I wasn't so keen on Jamie Cullums version of Everlasting Love, but its still catchy tune. The only songs that I didn't really like were Can't Get You Out of my Head by Kylie Minogue and I Believe ina Thing Called Love by the Darkness, but I guess thats just my own opinion, and I figured that having 2 tracks out of 20 that I didn't like was quite good really.
I wouldn't say I like it as much as the soundtrack to the first film, but its still good. Whereas with the first album I would actively pick out the songs i wanted to listen to and then play them full blast on my stereo (well not quite), this album tends to be more background music.
If you liked the film then I would definitely get this, or if you just wanted some romantic music it is a good one as well.It seems to be fairly cheap at the moment as well with Amazon selling it for just £6.97, always good!!
Product Information : Bridget Jones's Diary Vol.2 - Original Soundtrack
Manufacturer's product description1 CD(s) - Film - Label: Mercury - Distributor: Universal Music - Released: 29/10/2001 - 731458659822
Listed on Ciao since: 11/08/2005