Bridget Jones's Diary Vol.2 - Original Soundtrack

Bridget Jones's Diary Vol.2 - Original Soundtrack

1 CD(s) - Film - Label: Mercury - Distributor: Universal Music - Released: 29/10/2001 - 731458659822

Review of "Bridget Jones's Diary Vol.2 - Original Soundtrack"

published 21/03/2006 | Amy_Coppock
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro If you liked the film you'll love this!!!
Cons Not as good as the first soundtrack
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
How does it rate alongside the competition

" Bridget Jones Edge of Reason"

The only reason i bought this was, simply to take advantage of a 4 CDS for £20 offer in Virgin Megastore. Admittedly I didn't remember half the songs from the film itself, but decicded that i could get quite a few worse CDs for that price and judging by the fact that I liked the soundtrack to the first film, I thought I'd give it a shot.

Tracks:

1. Will Young - Your Love is King
2. Jamelia - Stop
3. Kylie Minogue - Can't get You Out of My Head
4. Joss Stone - Super Duper Love (are you diggin' on me?)
5. Mary J. Blige - Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
17. Aretha Franklin - Think
18. Leona Naess - Calling
19. Sting feat Annie Lennox - We'll be Together
20. Harry Gregson-Williams - Bridgets Theme

As it is the soundtrack to a romantic comedy, as you would expect most of the songs have a slightly mushy edge to them...so if thats not your kind of thing......
Having said that there are some absolute classics in there as well as some relatively new songs. I tend to prefer the classics such as Barry White and Aretha Franklin, but the newer songs are just as good. I really like Mary J.Blige's cover of Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word, it has very little backing music, so in a way is almost accoustic, but not quite, it does, however, really make her voice stand out.
I wasn't so keen on Jamie Cullums version of Everlasting Love, but its still catchy tune. The only songs that I didn't really like were Can't Get You Out of my Head by Kylie Minogue and I Believe ina Thing Called Love by the Darkness, but I guess thats just my own opinion, and I figured that having 2 tracks out of 20 that I didn't like was quite good really.
I wouldn't say I like it as much as the soundtrack to the first film, but its still good. Whereas with the first album I would actively pick out the songs i wanted to listen to and then play them full blast on my stereo (well not quite), this album tends to be more background music.

If you liked the film then I would definitely get this, or if you just wanted some romantic music it is a good one as well.

It seems to be fairly cheap at the moment as well with Amazon selling it for just £6.97, always good!!

This review was read 1967 times and was rated at

• stepho222 published 22/04/2006
    i have this cd but i didnt think that it was that good but good review well done stephaniexx
  • LIZKEMPO published 31/03/2006
    love the soundtracks to these films they are real prance around the house with a hairbrush songs! LizzieX
  • Bouncebackability published 22/03/2006
    Sounds good I like most of the songs on this. Claire x x