Bright Starts RRRoaring Fun! Play Gym

Bright Starts RRRoaring Fun! Play Gym

Review of "Bright Starts RRRoaring Fun! Play Gym"

published 06/05/2012 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Good design
Cons Fun
Wear and Tear
Age Group

"Roarrrr!!"

I was always getting leaflets through my door from Asda saying they had a baby and toddler event on at their store where toys, nappies, food etc was all on sale so armed with the leaflet and some money off vouchers I went to have a look just after my son was born.

One of the things I wanted to get him was a play gym, a mat that they lie on which is not only a soft resting place for them when they are very small but which also has things that dangle above them to catch their eye, make a noise and keep them entertained. I had a great pink one when my little girl was born but didn't really want my boy to have to play on a second hand pink one so I found this great one in Asda from their Bright Sparks range.

I've gone with quite a jungle theme in toys for my little boy and he now had the awesome Rainforest jumperoo from Fisher Price so this, "roaring fun, " playmat fits in with the theme perfectly.

It features a great big colourful lion on the actual mat portion that baby lies on. This has little taggies around it which makes up the lions mane and it's quite a cute looking lion. The mat is soft and pleasant to lie on, I know as I've often laid down on it with my son to play, and so I have no problem with him playing on this for long periods of time.

There are then two bendy bars which cross over each other and attach to the four corners of the mat. They hold up well and you can actually move the mat around quite easily by grabbing these bars and pulling the mat where you want it to go. From these bars are hanging a number of different little toys that baby can try and grab at either with his hands or feet or just look at. There is a mirror which is great as I've read babies really love looking at their reflection because it's prompts recognition and they learn by studying faces.

There is also a little soft toy lion which looks just like the lion picture on the mat. This makes chime noises when you knock it and my son loved playing with this one and trying to bat it with his hand. There is also a water filled teeter hanging from the bars as well but what I really like about this gym is that you can add more toys on links if you wish and really personalise the gym for your little on as to what he prefers.

This gym was only £16 which I think is a great price considering I've seen some gyms for £30 plus. I think it's got a limited play time. I've put mine away now as my little boy has hit six months and as soon as I put him on the floor now he rolls over on to his tummy so having toys over his head really isn't very helpful for him but for the first 4 months of his life I have to say this was a much loved toy.

• mumsymary published 06/05/2012
    fun toy

Product Information : Bright Starts RRRoaring Fun! Play Gym

Have a RRRoaring good time with a safari of activities that provide baby with lots of exciting play time. Features: A large, comfy lion mat has a colorful mane of fringes. Plush lion pull toy plays 4 melodies. Soft toy bars feature 4 additional toys: a rattle, bead chaser, water-filled teether and mirror. Attach toys to the bonus loops on mat and make tummy time even more fun. Includes 6 Bright Starts Fun Links.

Brand Manufacturer: Kids Li, Inc.

Long Name: RRRoaring Fun! Play Gym