Bring Me to Life - Evanescence (Single)

Bring Me to Life - Evanescence (Single)

Single Track from Evanescence - Genre: Rock - Release Year: 2003

Review of "Bring Me to Life - Evanescence (Single)"

published 01/03/2011 | xdonzx
Member since : 25/05/2007
Pro Different, spooky
Cons none!
Originality
Quality of Lyrics/Music
How does it compare to the artist's other releases?

"~* Wake Me Up! *~"

Bring Me To Life is a song by Evanescene, an American rock band. The single was released in the United Kingdom in April 2003. The song is taken from the band's debut album also called 'Bring Me To Life'. The song did exceptionally well in the UK, reaching number one in the British singles charts. You can buy the mp3 download version of this song from Amazon for around 89p which I think is exellent value for money.

Believe it or not, at one point in my teens, I considered Evanescene to be one of my favourite bands. Although, it is quite strange really because I was never, and still am not a rock fan; I was all pop and nothing else. Although, when I heard this song, I absolutely loved it, and the band.

I like this song. It's really emotional, and there is something really spooky about it, which makes it quite a haunty song. There is a lot of mystery surrounding this song, and I can't help but feel that it has something a little bit magical about it, which makes me think that it would fit in really well with a 'fantasy' movie.

I think that the lead singer, Amy has a really good voice. She can really hit those high notes. Being a singer myself, I can tell you that Evanescence' songs are definately not the easiest to sing, but Amy does a good job. Although, I do sometimes find her voice a little to whiny, and so I think that she suits up-beat songs like this one, much better than songs like 'My Immortal', which is more simple sounding with the sound of a piano.

I really like the effects that have been added to this songs. One of the effects which I think is really effective, is the really long note at the end, which gradually fades away. It's really haunting to listen to!

The lyrics are really spooky to listen to, although I like how they tell a story. The lyrics include: "how can you see into my eyes like open doors / leading you down into my core /where I’ve become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold /until you find it there and lead it back home" and "Frozen inside without your touch Without your love, darling /Only you are the life among the dead".
I really like the chorus, because I think that it is really dramatic and catchy with lines such as: "Wake me up inside/ wake me up inside/ call my name and save me from the dark!".

As I said before, I am not a rock fan at all, although I think what makes me like these songs so much is that they have such beautiful melodies; they really are beautiful songs!

There is also a Katherine Jenkins version of this song too!

Bring Me To Life is definately one of my favourite Evanescence's song and so I would definately recommend it to you!

Thanks for reading!
February 28th 2011
xdonzx

• shellyjaneo published 24/10/2015
    I love this song x
  • CGholy published 04/03/2011
    I love Evanesence!
  • exup35 published 01/03/2011
    Its a great song, one of my favourites to play or even sing along to on Rock Band (fortunately I can hit the high notes and Paul McCoys growly bits too). The song was featured in the film Daredevil, by thw way (Ben Affflecl) if you weren't aware and is one of the best tracks from that films soundtrack.