Brita Water Filter Elemaris XL

Brita Water Filter Elemaris XL

The BRAND NEW Elemaris range of water filters from Brita are exactly what you need to ensure you and your family only drink pure, fresh filtered water...

Review of "Brita Water Filter Elemaris XL"

published 09/04/2012 | BRoyJenkins
Member since : 30/07/2010
For more-extensive and carefully thought out movie reviews, check out my film blog, it's honestly the best thing anyone's ever done: http://blogs.examiner.co.uk/moviesfilmscinema/ . For the same reviews under a different name, see me on dooyoo.
Pro Makes fresh and tasty water, stores a lot of water, looks pretty cool
Cons Perhaps a bit too big for fridge storage

"Massive water filter does its job"

Where I go to uni, the water don't taste so great (at least not up to the Yorkshire Water standards that I've become accustomed to in my 22 years of life); with this first-world problem laying heavily on my mind, I endeavoured to buy a water filter.

I did the necessary research first to find a good product, but being someone fixated on the aesthetic qualities of technology, I found the Brita Elemeris filter to be one of the better-looking models; it has a very simple and modern design that I like. The device also comes with a meter that tells you when to replace the temp. filter, which is very helpful.

This was a good decision - my water is now much fresher and tastier as a result. Having it constantly refrigerated is the best way to keep it, though you will have to keep washing it to ensure it's clean. This isn't a problem as it's very simple to dismantle the product and you have the option to put it in the dishwasher, providing you're even lazier than I am.

The only really annoying thing is making space for it in your fridge - we share one fridge between six of us at Uni, so I don't always have room to store the filter. Make sure you do actually have the required space in the fridge beforehand. However, the size does mean that the jug stores a lot of water (3.5 litres; it is an 'XL' after all), which is an obvious bonus.

• danielclark691 published 09/04/2012
    Hoe much does it cost? There isn't a great deal of consumer opinion here.