jenny3146 3

jenny3146

Member since:12.04.2010

need some help on what army life would be like for my family

12.04.2010

Advantages:
hope you can help me find lots

Disadvantages:
far away from my family, and any faults you may have pls let me know

5 Ciao members have rated this review on average: not helpful See ratings
  1. tune57
  2. clumsy221
  3. wigglylittleworm
and a further member

Hi i'm just after some help my husband is 27 and really wants to join the army and is in fitness training at the moment and has been to speak to them at the local centre and has done a test he is a qualified chef and has been told they not taking on chefs as they have just started there training and now will be looking to join as a driver then later on could swap to chef.
we have 3 children aged between nearly 2 and 8 years we are suportive of him but my only worry is if his wages will be cover our bills i have looked into the wages and the accommation prices and am a little confused as house prices are in days and then have a weekly rebate council tax is in daily and unsure of group band so have worked on higher bands and would pay £117.00 a month for house and council tax (NEED HELP AS DONT THINK THIS IS CORRECT) aslo what would his realistic pay be both in training and after .
I want to make sure that we could afford to live a comfortable life(not getting us in dept or have any spare money) before rushing in to such a massive life change for all our family as 4 years is a long time to be somewhere if its not for us.
What would life be like for the children and myself i do understand that he will be away alot and could be months before seeing him and even speaking to him but need to know what sort of life we will have what are the houses like are we going to be able to go in and out without been searched everytime where will the kids go to school will our house get serached will the kids be safe playing out.
i would like some help to make this big life changing desision

« Previous review

TheHairyGodmother 28.10.2010 17:08

as below

tune57 15.04.2010 13:38

Sorry this is not the place to ask advice. You could click on the " Ask a Question" tab at the top of this review, which is probably the best thing to do as you are asking a question. Hope this helps .

1st2thebar 12.04.2010 19:09

I do not recommend anyone going into the forces. Your a young couple with a family, that is far more precious than risking being put in the front-line after three months training in a make-shift 'Afghan state' somewhere in Norfolk. The reality is that the MoD won't help a jot regarding your poor living standards either. - I advise you to not take this step of great uncertainty. - From some-one who is lucky enough to know. - All the best