British Gas Communications

British Gas Communications

Review of "British Gas Communications"

published 26/05/2002 | sunflower.76
Member since : 08/10/2001
Pro cool phone, accesories, cheaper calls
Cons mobile off peak calls not till after 7pm
Line Quality
Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of Charges

"Its good to talk especially when its cheap"

I decided to get a new mobile in April as I could never use the land line as my dear fiance was always on the internet, and using my pay as you go mobile was becoming expensive.

The range of tariffs and packages was extensive and I was totally unsure of which way to go when I noticed an advert in the newspaper for Your Choice 500. It is a home/mobile package where you get 500 free minutes of off peak calls split between your home phone and mobile, which must be split in blocks of 100 with at least 100/400 either way. This can be changed each month if necessary.

You can use your inclusive minutes for standard off-peak national and local inland calls from both your home and mobile phones and vodaphone calls fom your mobile. The calls made from your home phone are cheaper than BT during peak hours or after your free minutes are used up with 33% off of local calls and 62% of of national calls. Calls between your new mobile and home are also reduced by 15%. You can choose one international country where all your calls are reduced by 75% this seems quite substantial if you have relatives in Canada for example.

The hours for mobile off peak calls are weekdays 00.00-08.00 and 19.00-00.00 and all day Saturdays and Sundays. The home phone off peak hours are weekdays 00.00-08.00 and 18.00-00.00 and all days Saturdays and Sundays.

The package costs £12.99 a month but if you choose to pay by direct debit you can save an additional £6 per year (50p per month).BT Still charge you for line rental and any other calls made through them such as 1471*3 calls.

You get a Nokia 3330 with a free acessories kit comprising a hands free kit, a leather case, and an in car charger connected to Vodaphone.
You also recieve a Saver socket, which is a devise that goes between your home phone and your BT socket, and routes the calls through British Gas. If you have more than one home phone you can choose to pay extra for additional saver sockets (£4.99 each)or simply dial 138 before the number you are dialling.

I am extremely satisfied with this telephone package and have found that it saves me an absolute fortune.

• craigy2040 published 27/05/2002
    Good op, I am with BT and it is ok, nuthin special. Good op! Craig.
  • BubbleCat published 26/05/2002
    Forgive me for not rating this op - my experience of this company is one of an ongoing nightmare. The service is awful - I'll update my op soon. I rey you don't experience what I did from this company.

Product Information : British Gas Communications