Broadspeed Online Car Importer

Broadspeed Online Car Importer

Review of "Broadspeed Online Car Importer"

published 22/12/2006 | brera_123
Member since : 22/12/2006
Pro Price!
Cons Non that I can think of - very easy!
Price
Service
Efficiency
After sales service

"Broadspeed"

I ordered my last car from Holland through Broadspeed three years ago. I was happy with the service and the (then) very big import saving. This time when I checked, Broadspeed has converted to UK cars only. I liked the Broadspeed site, easy to use, plenty of info. Prices were not as cheap as some other sites but they only use official dealers (not brokers or car rental companies like some sites). Placed an enquiry for a Mercedes E Class estate late one evening, I got a call from their MB dealer (a large group) next morning and the deal was complete within 48 hours. My new E Class now sits on my drive - exactly as ordered. Saving £2,308. No boring sales patter. I'm happy and will do it again when my wife's Mini is due for replacement.

Internet shopping has become a part of our family's life. My kids show me where to surf and how to do the research stuff. But I found Broadspeed.com myself and must say they do a good job with their site. I phoned them for advice - who supplies the car, how the trade in works, finance quote - all normal new car stuff. I got a remarkably candid and thoroughly independent advice from a non-salesman type of person. So far so good! I went back online and placed an enquiry. Once it was completed, I called their Honda dealer - and what a shock. Right price (spot on to web quote) and reasonable trade in offer (ok, I expected it to be worth a bit less than book price). I paid £500 deposit by card to the Honda dealership and paid the balance with a bank draft when I collected it six weeks later. Good service, great car - I am pleased with the way everything went and would do it again.

Various sites sell you the car after negotiating a discount with a showroom. Broadspeed doesn't do this - it introduces you to a main dealer (ie a normal franchise showroom) having negotiated a discount. The dealer I was sent to said he sold 50 new cars a month through Broadspeed and he was well pleased (happy enough to give me the discount anyway). The web site is a doddle - just keep clicking the next buttons, filling in the boxes as you go. The last page of their enquiry gives you the dealer's number so you can call to confirm all the details there and then. I ordered on a Monday afternoon (used my debit card for the deposit) and collected my new Toyota Corolla Verso (they call it a Toyota Verso now) on the following Saturday. I can't fault the Broadspeed web site or the agreement with their friendly Toyota dealer. All went like clockwork and when all said and done I saved £1,923. A small defect on the tailgate developed after two weeks - and my local Toyota dealer happily fixed it under warranty. Long live the web!

• sigmatech published 22/12/2006
    Welcome to Ciao and good first review - Joe
  • supreah published 22/12/2006
    Welcome to Ciao. Good first review.