Brolene Eye Drops

Brolene Eye Drops

For treatment of minor Eye Infections

Review of "Brolene Eye Drops"

published 06/05/2012 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Due to time constraints, I am unlikely to be able to find the time to rate members that have received 3 times as many rates as they have given, apologies.
Pro Easy to apply, rapid treatment/relief.
Cons Expensive.
Price level
Why did you buy it?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"Brolene Eye Drops"

On a not too recent visit to my local Boots store I were on the lookout for some eye drops. I knew I were starting to get an eye infection as I had developed a little more than just an itch in the corner of my right eye. Rubbing eyes is probably the worst thing to do and can obviously cause a lot more irritation and potentially spread the infection to the other eye.

Boots sell Brolene 0.1% eye drops which come in a 10ml pack. The bottle allows for easy application directly into ones eye and the product has been developed for the treatment of minor eye infections. I felt this would be the perfect product to try as I have had one or two bad experiences with leading brands of eye treatment products in the past.

Coming in at quite a hefty £4.80 on the Boots website right now I paid quite a bit of money for such a product. When it comes to my eyes, though, I don't take any chances and only the best brands will do. I wouldn't scrimp and save on a home branded eye product unless really left with no other option as sight is very precious!

The instructions suggest that you apply one or two drops into the eye, this can be done upto four times a day. It is also advised not to use this product with hard or soft contact lenses. I never really went into great detail with the ingredients but this product does contain Propamidine Isethionate 0.1% which is the active ingredient which treats the infection.

Brolene eye drops are very easy to apply, although some people do have real problems putting drops into their eyes. I used to get a parent to do it because I couldn't keep my hand still enough and concentrate at the same time. Over time I have adapted to tolerate such products, but the simplicity of the Brolene eye drops is such that it makes it as easy as is humanly possible. I have to take one star away for price, but overall I were impressed that my infections always cleared up within a few days and I no longer felt the urge to itch away!