Brook Street - Recruiment Agency

Brook Street - Recruiment Agency

Review of "Brook Street - Recruiment Agency"

published 01/09/2005 | bentye
Member since : 06/05/2005
Pro Honest and thorough registration process
Cons Low salaried jobs
Quality/Suitability of job offers
Office personnel/Consultants
Consultant feedback time
Range of prospective employers
Flexibility of office hours

"You could do alot worse!!"

Brookstreet are a firmly established, multi national agency. They have over 50 offices in the UK in addition to operations in Europe.

The registration process is very structured, you will need a CV and you will also have amplitude testing on typing speed and data entry (Administration posts only). I really felt that I was asked the right questions, about my career goals, salary expectations and the environment I would like to work in. You have to be over 18 to register and as a general rule they will only register you if you have over 1 years experience working within an office environment.

Permanent vacancies cover all aspects of admin from data entry to office management, they also recruit allot of telesales roles. Their client base is extensive, they have vacancies with Blue Chip companies and "one man bands" alike. Also because they are so large and have so many offices, if you cannot find work in your area they will see if other branches have roles that will suit you. For example; I registered with the Luton Branch but I have had interviews through the Milton Keynes Branch. Although I have never been placed in a permanent job for Brook Street they were very professional and only contact me regarding relevant positions.

Temporary vacancies are also admin and sales, I was placed in 3 different temporary roles for Brook Street. I enjoyed two them, the consultant took care to make sure I would fit in to the team/ environment in the first two placements. However, the third I was talked into doing a sales role which I really did not want. I was placed straight away on each assignment, I was never out of work for more than a few days I was very grateful.

In my experience Brook Street perm vacancies are between 12-14k which suit low level admin staff or junior sales. In the temporary market they are mainstream admin and they pay well, stay away from industrial, the jobs are few and far between. Brook Street also offer social care, I deal with them regularly for vacancies in London. My client's feedback is always positive, however, they do seem to have some payroll issues.

The website is very useful; www.brookstreet.co.uk and updated regularly; you have various search fields and can really find a role that will suit you. Also you can search for your nearest branch by postcode, this will supply contact e-mail, phone and address details.

Overall they are very professional & helpful, also very honest if they think they cannot help you they will tell you, rather than not calling you back.

• smcccc published 02/09/2005
    Good review.
  • Lynzie published 01/09/2005
    Good first review, Lynz xx
  • MagicMoments published 01/09/2005
    Much better, well done. You have good first review there. MM x

Product Information : Brook Street - Recruiment Agency