Budget Insurance Company Limited

Budget Insurance Company Limited

Review of "Budget Insurance Company Limited"

published 09/08/2008 | katty73
Member since : 09/08/2008
Pro NONE
Cons EVERYTHING- YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THEIR MISTAKES

"WORST INSURANCE COMPANY-AVOID BUDGET"

i too had a bad experience with this firm and as a result did not want to renew my insurance with them. I too never received my insurance certificate etc and after several phone calls where they told me it was in the post, it suddenly clicked to them that they had the wrong address for me..can you believe this they forgot to put a door number. However much to my disgust i was charged £10 for the extra policy they sent me as a result of their incompetence.
I did not renew with them this year but guess what - they sent me an email saying they have deducted £290 from my card for renewal. i called them up to complain & they told me as I had not called them to cancel renewal they will 'automatically renew the policy'. I never heard of this before and told the call center guy who said its their company policy and that i should read the small print. I told him i wanted to cancel the policy and was told it will cost me £30 to do so and had the check to say it was illegal to have another policy with another company while having one with them. Then to add insult to injury they wanted proof from me that i was insured with another company..surely its none of their business. Also they wanted a copy of my new policy with Budget which they claim was in the post...my insurance finished with them on 31 July so to date 9 Aug i have not received my policy with them (me thinks they have not put my door number down again)

its so appalling as they are quick to take your cash and whats worse they keep your credit card details on line so can just take the cash out. But when it comes to problems or sending information out they are slow and you get charged for their mistakes.

I am writing to the financial ombusemen as i want a refund and fear this will just drag on.

PLEASE DO NOT USE BUDGET INSURANCE- ITS RUN BY A BUNCH OF CROOKS WHO DO NOT HOW TO SORT PROBLEMS OUT OR EVEN SEND DOCUMENTS TO THE CORRECT ADDRESS-AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• Staffenburg published 01/03/2010
    My insurance is up next month, they are the cheapest quote, thanks for the advice!
  • Car.Dude42 published 09/08/2008
    great review
  • scotlandizdabest published 09/08/2008
    Really sorry you had such a bad experience. Thanks for sharing x

Product Information : Budget Insurance Company Limited