Review of "Bulmers Scrumpy Jack Cider"

published 13/06/2002 | thefrogprincess
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro It's nice.
Cons The reputation.

"Cider - I've Been Through Hell For You"

I hate beer. This is a problem when, as a student, I spend a lot of my social time in pubs or bars. So if I don't feel like wasting my money on spirits and I was a BIG drink, I get cider. And then it starts ...
"Why do you drink cider, it's horrible!" LIES. You're all freaks. At least cider has a taste you can name (ie apples) as opposed to ... what DOES beer taste of?
"You fourteen year old, go and sit in a park with your friends or get a proper drink." Shut up. Fourteen year olds drink 4 litre bottles of Diamond White or even worse that cost £1.99. I drink NICE cider.
And on occasion "Bah ... you suck. Drink BEER!" This bit of highly persuasive argument is often followed by falling over and cursing the name of the beer being held. HAH.

SCRUMPY JACK IS NICE. IT IS SORT OF DARK YELLOWY COLOUR AND IT TASTES LIKE APPLES A BIT AND I LIKE TO DRINK IT BECAUSE IT COMES IN PINTS. IF YOU BUY IT IN A BOTTLE IT HAS A NICE LABEL. I PREFER THIS CIDER TO MOST OTHERS EXCEPT WOODPECKER AND BRETON CIDER BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE DRY CIDER, AND THIS IS SWEET. MMM.

The only problem with cider, especially Scrumpy Jack, is that it's either hard to find in pubs, or expensive. In most places it's Strongbow (alright, unless you're in my student union where they water it) or if you're unlucky, BLACKTHORN, a disgrace to the drink group of cider. There's generally no problem in shops, however. Happily, Scrumpy Jack is now served in two of my regular haunts, at a bearable price (for London) - around £2.50 a pint.

Most people would have given in by now, started drinking scummy Carling, Grolsch etc. But no. I love my cider and I stand by it. Say what you want, I can take the pain and you won't change my drinking habits, dammit.

• thefrogprincess published 20/06/2002
    I wasn't being rude, I was tired and frustrated that people seemed to be missing the information that I'd put there so I thought I'd try and make it clearer.
  • MRSCANADA published 20/06/2002
    Sorry I'm late in rating this. You might want to take out the Capital letters you are using in one paragraph because that is considered 'shouting' and that means 'rude' to people who are reading this review...Lyla
  • MissDirect published 17/06/2002
    Cider and lager are equally yuck, good funny opinion.