Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo

Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo

Review of "Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo"

published 05/01/2011 | xxfoxyredxx
Member since : 01/10/2006
Reviews : 2005
Am currently popping loads of reviews on here from Dooyoo before that site crashes out completely! Happy to read and rate reviews as always....Christmas is a coming for all us all too soon eh! x Melanie x
Satisfactory
Pro Makes my hair dry
Cons Does add shine
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Radiant shine with a drying out shampoo!"

Of late I have been trying out different brands of hair and beauty products. If I have some cash on me I will usually for opt for Soap & Glory or Lee Stafford....I am a creature of habit when it comes to spending a few quid on something. However I have heard so much about Burt's Bees recently (mainly down to you lot reviewing so much of their stuff!) that I simply had to get in on the act!

This I spotted on Amazon costing around £11.00 a bottle (including p+p) and in a 354ml bottle size. The bottle is nothing special just a see-through yellow colour with a flip-top opening to the top of it and on the front of the bottle I am told that it is Burt's Bees 'Super Shiny', Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo and there is a photograph of a grapefruit and sugar beet on there and the size is stated. Other information to the sides of the label tells me the ingredients used (this is paraben, phthalate, sulfate free and 99.5 natural), a bit about the product and contact details for Burt's Bees are given. Simple and natural bottle this is rather than looking expensive but it is nice enough.

Using It;

All you do to use this of course is to use it as you would do any other shampoo. Just amp/wet hair and take a little of this runny liquid with a hint of a yellow colour to it and a very, very light fragrance of grapefruit to it and lather it up! To me the smell isn't strong but slightly and lightly fruity and a tad sweet and it lathers up with ease though I can feel this stripping my hair of its natural oils and my hair becomes very squeaky as I'm using it. It rinses out with ease though and then I always repeat the process just to make sure my hair is thoroughly cleansed.

This though is an average shampoo in my humble opinion. It cleanses the hair well enough and leaves it smelling ok though not heavily fragranced or anything and it is a unisex fragranced shampoo because after an hour no fragrance is left on the hair anyway. Hair feels clean and strong but to me a bit dry which is why I always condition my hair after using this or its impossible to style. Even after using a conditioner though I feel this range of products is too harsh for my hair! Weird I know for such a natural product infused with glycerin, and 'peel' oils including grapefruit and orange.

However saying that my hair radiates shine and vitality after using this! I don't how it does that cos my hair certainly doesn't feel silky and/or glossy after using this!

All In All:

I prefer my hair smoother and more silk like and this doesn't do that for me. Sure my hair is clean enough, though lacks a clean fragrance but it looks sublime with shine! Odd one, don't think it is worth the money sadly!

Available from Amazon and the Burt's Bees website (www.burtsbees.com).

This review is also posted Dooyoo under this same username.

• xxfoxyredxx published 06/01/2011
    Thank you Javer x I dont think it saves money surely? Just buy cheap shampoos Dee this isnt worth the price tag lol I agree Steff and Cat it isnt cheap and shoule be lol x
  • SteffiK published 05/01/2011
    A bit too expensive for a Shampoo. Great review!
  • Deesrev published 05/01/2011
    'unisex fragranced shampoo', although expensive, being suitable for all the family still ironically saves me money! :D Smashing review Melanie :D x

Product Information : Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo

Grapefruit extract joins forces with highly effective yet gentle cleansers made from coconut and sunflower oils to create a shampoo formula with a rich lather. Meanwhile. sugar beet extract and soy protein penetrate hair follicles to repair and strengthen hair. helping to shield against future damage. The final touch: honey and essential natural oils from orange. lemon. lime and tangerine go to work for a beautifully natural shine.

Manufacturer: Burt's Bees

Type: Hair Care

Genre: Shampoo

Long Name: Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo, Super Shiny Grapefruit Sugar Beet Shampoo, Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo

Listed on Ciao since: 16/05/2008